Wednesday, June 29, 2011

3 Posts in 1

Warning: This post is LONG!

Finally getting around to posting about Father's Day. Tyson has been picking up overtime shifts at Riverton Hospital on the weekends. So that's where he spent the actual Father's day. We got him some salami (which he is semi-obsessed with) and some Nutella which he has apparently been craving since his mission. He also got a new planner since he lost his other one shortly after he got it- we'll see how long this one lasts:)
Impossible for all three boys to smile at once.
Last Monday we had a Father's Day BBQ with Tyson's family. We had steak, crab, and salmon. Easton LOVED the crab. I'll never understand.

Great Grandma and Grandpa Page got some baby time.
Four Generations
We were finally able to celebrate Father's Day with my dad this past weekend. Kelsey made him this apron that says, "I turn grills on." Haha.
On Saturday I worked all day and then we headed up the canyon for a campfire with some friends! Tyson had fun taking pictures of the fire and the sun.

The guys played some frisby.
Easton and Luke ran up and down the hills. They had a hard time stopping on the way down sometimes. Easton got all kinds of scratched up and after about 10 minutes Jana and I were wondering how many times we would have to say, "Jump up. You're ok!"
We had hot dogs and s'mores.
Casey serenaded us with his guitar and we tried desperately to get Easton to show off some of his songs, but he decided to be a stinker. He would replace all the words with donk or donkey just to get a laugh.
Corinna and Jordan
Dan, Savannah, and Yuki
Savannah and Kristi
And our family - this picture supports my theory that blue eyes are about 50 times more prone to red eye.
Shawn and Jana were there with their 2 kiddos, but I guess you can't drag pictures off of Facebook. Callan and baby Crew shared the play pen and Easton and Luke played till they crashed. Easton randomly asked if he could go to the car and sleep. So we made him a bed in the back of the Jeep and he laid down. He asked us to close the back door and he fell sound asleep! It was so weird!

And now the reason why I have been slacking on blogging...

We have been sooooo busy getting ready to move into our new house!
I guess nothing with home-buying is guaranteed, but we're pretty sure we're going to get it. We've been told we could close in as little as two days, however the current tenants are renting the home and they are under a Utah Housing Assistance program and can't be kicked out until August 1st. So we wait. And while we are waiting we are moving in with my parents! We are pretty much moved in with them now. We've been sleeping here for a few nights while we are still packing over there. We have a portable storage unit coming today so we're excited to load it up and move out!

The boys have had a lot of fun just hanging out with aunties.
Yesterday they picked a whole bunch of strawberries and grandma made a yummy pie!

Looking forward to getting this week over with!

7 comments:

  1. Good luck during your transition to the new place. Hope it all goes smoothly and quickly! Bet it's a constant party at the Cook house with so many fun people there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new house! It looks really nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bonfire was really fun! Good luck closing on your new house! It's cute! Can't wait to see the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job you guys!Hard work does pay off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay for camp fires and yay for moving and yay for more fun to come!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is too bad you are thinking about moving. I was just getting to know you. Well, I will definitely follow your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amanda ProvstgaardJuly 3, 2011 at 10:16 AM

    I can't wait to see your house once you get all moved in! I'm also excited that you'll be a little closer to us!

    ReplyDelete