Monday, June 13, 2011

"The Goon"

We went to Lagoon Friday for my dad's work party. I drove there with Kelsey, Cassidy, Kennedi, Collette, Kristen, and Easton. We started out at Lagoon A Beach which we had never done before. I would say it was a little bit of a disappointment. Not to be negative, but you could only go on one slide without renting a tube, Easton couldn't ride on any slides on my lap, and he wasn't allowed to wear his life jacket on any slides. So pretty much all he could do was splash his feet in the kiddie pool.
After Lagoon A Beach, Kennedi had to go to a dance recital so my mom came and switched me Kennedi for Callan. Really not trying to be negative here, but it was SO CROWDED and so hard to steer a stroller anywhere. The lines for all the rides in the kiddie land were unreal. We waited in line for the kid boats for over 20 minutes before ditching because we were still only half way there. So Easton didn't really get to do much, but he had fun.

He LOVED the bumper cars. Every time he turned toward the mirror he would make I'm so cool faces at himself.
He chose to ride in the Ladybug in this ride, much to his dad's dismay:) It went around in circles a little faster than we expected and he looked like he was going to puke the whole time! Thank heavens he didn't.
My dad and Tyson met us there after work. I found a place to nurse Callan in the park while the crew waited in line for Rattlesnake Rapids and met up with them just in time to snap some pictures.
I strategically packed Easton's rain jacket for rides like this because if you know Easton, you know he hates to have one single drop of water on him. He HAS to take of his clothes if they get wet. In fact, when we were done at Lagoon A Beach he just dropped his swim suit right out in the open air of the park cuz he couldn't stand to wear it wet. So I thought it would be a good idea to make him wear his jacket. Worked like a charm.
After this we ate hamburgers and hot dogs with the work people and my dad showed Callan off. Then we met up with our cousins who happened to be there that day and waited forever to ride the train together. Andrea, you'll have to get me this pictures of this part:)

I wanted to go on one roller-coaster after being the designated stroller pusher all day. I didn't really care which one we went on, but Kelsey wanted to go on Wicked. The line was HUGE and I felt bad leaving my wild kids with everyone (wait, only one kid is wild, but he's wild enough for the both of them) so Tyson and I did Colossus instead. This is the part where I decided I'm getting old. The roller coaster made me SO SICK! I really thought I was going to throw up at one point in the ride and I was nauseous for about 3 hours afterward.

Kelsey and Leslie stuck it out in the line for Wicked. We waited for them for an extra 40 minutes after Tyson and I had finished Colossus so Tyson wanted to catch a picture of them.
While we were on the ride Cassidy took Easton to see the kangaroos and they found this big flower - which reminds me... Easton totally has my allergies. I've been giving him some Zyrtec every night and it seems to be helping. His eyes have been totally green and goopy so I tried putting some Zaditor eye drops in his eyes for this trip and I think they worked wonders. The bad news is, I don't think he'll ever let me do that again.
We had a fun time! Thanks for working, dad!

4 comments:

  1. I had the same experience last year when we went to Lagoon. I got sick on the spinning airplanes and could hardly do anything after that....
    You guys always do so many fun things! I am so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are going there in a couple of weeks. I'm glad I read this post because I was planning on taking my double stroller, but now I just think I will leave Ellie home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun to see the pics since I missed out on the whole fun-filled day! (And I'm really OK with that:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun! I bet your sisters think Wicked was worth the wait, I love that ride!!! Love the picture of Easton, he's such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete