Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Daily Dose of Easton

Easton has said some funny things today. (Surprise surprise).

While we were sitting on the couch watching TV this morning he poked Callan and I asked him not to do it again. He said, "mom I'm such a mean boy." It turned into this long conversation about him telling me how he's such a mean boy and has such a hard time being nice and is just mean to everyone and me telling him that everyone has a hard time sometimes and that's why we can always say sorry and try again. It kind of made me sad - he's such a tender soul. This isn't really the first time he's expressed this. A few weeks ago I asked him how nursery was and he said, "I just took a toy away from all the kids. My teacher told me I'm a nice boy, but I'm not. I'm a mean boy and I always take things away from everyone." So sad!

We went over to my mom's house fairly early this morning and I told him that today was aunties last day of school and then they don't have school during summer.
East: "but it's summer right now."
Me: "Well I know, but their teachers said they have to come to school for one more day today. And then they can be done for the summer."
East: "I don't like that! That's not a good idea! I'm going to get my sword and get in Aunt Kate's new car and drive to their school and climb up on the rocks and run across the road and go into their school and cut Collette's teacher in half!"

Every day, sometime between noon and 2, I drive around so that Easton will fall asleep for his nap. I know it might seem a little extreme to drop everything and drive, but it's so worth it! I just drive for 10-15 minutes, come home and lay him on his bed, and he's out for a couple hours! It seems like every time we drive the Katy Perry song E.T. is on. The other day Easton heard the line, You're so supersonic. Wanna feel your power - stun me with your laser and he yelled out, "Mom! That girl is singing about lasers! Just like Buzz!"

Today during the naptime drive I took away the little glow stick sword he was playing with so he would fall asleep. Kennedi had gotten it at a school thing today and gave it to him. When I took it away he said, "Mom I need that sword. Do you know that sword is special? Do you know that that sword is EXPENSIVE?"

4 comments:

  1. You have such a clever boy. I can't wait til Callan starts talking. They will have great conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a riot!

    I am sure that there is never a shortage of laughter at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. easton never fails to entertain! love that kid!

    ReplyDelete