Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Roly Poly Bug

I feel like Callan has grown up so much this week! Ok so the above picture was a fluke-he can't really sit up, but last weekend I was saying how I feel so bad for him because I feel like his body and his brain are developing at slightly different rates because of his prematurity. For example, I know he is teething and wants to pull things up to his mouth but he can't even hold on to something at 4.5 months. If I got him a teething ring I would have to hold it in his mouth for him. Then suddenly in the last 2 days he started holding on to things!

Then I was reading my friend's blog about her 2 month old that can roll over. Hmmmm I had never even thought of that as something Callan should be doing. I thought there's no way he could roll over especially because he is never set down on the floor- danger zone! Easton would smash him for sure. He is always in the playpen on the boppy, in the high chair, or propped up in the couch corner.

He sleeps on his stomach-don't hate me. It's the only way he can sleep-and he sleeps great. Well out of nowhere I go in to check on him yesterday and he's on his side! Then last night in his sleep...


I had to wake up 20 times to flip him from his back to his belly! He was like a roly poly. He hates being on his back! He would roll over and get stuck there and cry until I flipped him over. So far I'm not liking it!

Also, he can cover some ground in that crib. He always starts out in the middle and ends up crying with his head smashed in a corner. In one corner of his crib I have a push light that I got when we first brought him home so I could see if he was blue.

Last night I found him laying on it like a pillow. He had turned it on with his face. Lol.

6 comments:

  1. This is so cracking me up. First off, it's nice to see that he is chunking out. So very sweet.

    Secondly, why do babies always sleep with their faces shoved into the corners of cribs? Isaac wakes up every morning with two big crease marks running up and down his melon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm sorry about the easton obedience issues let me know how that book goes and i figured along time ago i'm better off not to compare to others kids because its enough to make me crazy... our kids turn out great eventually no matter what right like with luke and his words.. someday he'll talk great even if right now its all jibberish hang in there and stop beating yourself up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha I loved reading these two posts! Yay for Callan learning new things! Poor Easton lol, I hope you learn some words and ways of wisdom from that book! That ward party sounds awful--you're a great mom! And I am the same as you as far as color code goes, I always get a majority of red and blue...

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow he has grown so much! i better get internet at home asap before i know it he will be going to school :)

    ReplyDelete