Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy 4th!

We had a great 4th of July weekend! On Saturday Tyson and I both worked all day, but we got to meet up with my dad's side of the family in Provo to sit outside the Stadium of Fire. It was so fun for the cousins to play together. Easton had a blast running around and trying out all the toys his cousins brought (thanks for the entertainment!)

Tyson went to find the perfect location to get a picture of the jets as they flew over.

After a little while Callan started to get fussy so I rolled him over, gave him his binky, and he was out like a light. He slept through kids screaming, the opening fireworks, and even the jets flying over! He's such a good baby.
We packed everything up for a speedy get-away and watched the fireworks from a parking lot.
The kids stayed safe in the back of the Excursion. (You wouldn't believe how many kids were actually running around in the streets! The cops said one kid was bent down lighting a firework and was inches away from getting his head taken off by a car!)
The kids loved the fireworks. Despite Callan's terrified look in this picture, I think he actually enjoyed watching them. The kids all had glow sticks and made some glow glasses for my dad - haha.
Monday we had a BBQ in Payson. When we go to Payson it is always fun to hear Grandma and Grandpa Page reminisce about the past. One of the stories that you are sure to hear if you visit them is about the time when Grandpa backed out of the driveway and hit the garbage can. He pulled forward, picked it up, and got back in the car to back over it AGAIN! Everyone teases him about the story and last night we decided it runs in the family! Tyson drove right into the neighbor across the street's garbage can and knocked it over! Ok so he didn't do it twice, but he was going forward - so it's just as bad! He said he was just trying to nudge it out of the way. Lol.
Easton had a lot of fun playing with his cousins Ryan and Micaela.
The boys played a couple rounds of croquet. (Easton and Ryan were throwing pieces of the game into the tree in the previous pic:)
Grandma Page asked Easton if he wanted to hold onto a horse shoe to have his picture taken. He put it on the ground and stepped on it like a shoe. Haha.

In case you can see it (although these pictures are hiding it pretty well) Easton has a huge bump and bruise on his forehead and eye from jumping off the stairs. I guess he had too much momentum and ran right into the back of the reclining part of the sectional after he jumped. It was REALLY bad at first but it went down quickly. He was even bleeding out of the pores of his eyelid. Freaky.
This was pretty much his face the whole time he did sparklers - but he enjoyed it.
Great Grandma and Grandpa Page
Grandpa Page and Cal
We picked lots of cherries!
And ate lots of cherries!
We had a great time relaxing! Tyson and I even got to sneak away and go around the block a couple times on the motorcycle. We felt so free! We need to get out more.

(PS - did you know I still use the old uploader on blogger? Someone tell me how to fix this!)

2 comments:

  1. You guys were much smarter than us to get away from the fire works quickly and watch them from your car...we were stuck in traffic the entire way home. It was miserable. Poor Easton :( that would be freaky to see! I love his outfit though. And what is the old uploader? I didn't know there was a new one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thomas and Amanda ProvstgaardJuly 5, 2011 at 2:39 PM

    I'm so glad we got to see you guys yesterday! We need to plan a Seven Peaks day! I'm using the new blogger uploader, but I have no clue how I got it... Sorry!

    ReplyDelete