Monday, November 4, 2013

Halloween 2013

We had a fun Halloween this year!  The boys' costumes took lots of planning.  I planned on keeping them really low key (which they were) but Easton was extremely opinionated about every little detail.  I first painted the shells green and that caused a major melt down, so we had to repaint brown.  The strap had to go diagonally across the front shell, and all kinds of other details or he would freak out!  All things considered, they turned out alright!

We had a ward chili cook off and costume parade.  We lost Callan for about 10 minutes and searched the entire building and outside only to eventually find him licking chocolate frosting off of the dessert table.

When we carved pumpkins Easton had a vision in his head that he was having a hard time verbalizing so he had to spend quite a bit of planning time with dad drawing it out to make it just right.


Easton made a scary white pumpkin with stitches and Callan made a "happy happy happy" pumpkin.

I had to work Halloween morning.  I didn't get the memo about dressing up, but our friend Alicen dressed up as a pregnant lady since she has to stand between the two of us all day!  We thought it was pretty great!
I got to leave work at 4:00 so we could get ready for trick or treating.  We made mummy hotdogs, orange jello, and frankenstein pudding.  Grandma and Grandpa Cook were our first trick or treaters.  



I dressed up as Krang to make my Easton happy.
We didn't trick or treat a ton because Callan is the slowest trick or treater ever!  But they didn't know they were missing out on half the neighborhood and were happy with the candy they got.  We came home and the boys watched "The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" in their bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment