Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Feeling Thankful

I have been feeling so thankful lately, I can't even explain.  I'm sure it's the Thanksgiving season kicking in, but I feel so blessed. 

I'm so thankful for my sweet family.  Tyson had one full day off yesterday and I totally took advantage of him.  I went tanning, got my nails done, and went shopping at the new outlets.  While I was gone he got the boys all ready for the day, cleaned the house, and took them out running errands.  He went to Lowe's to get a few things for a project and let Easton bring home 2 pieces of PVC pipes for swords.  While Easton was stalling before his nap, he thought it would be a good idea to put them together with "duck tape" and make Buzz Lightyear wings.

Tyson whipped him up some Buzz Lightyear wings and they mean SO much to Easton.

 I can't even begin to describe how thankful I am for my boys.  They have been making me smile all the time lately and I'm so glad I get to spend my days with them.  Easton is so funny and so smart and creative.  He wakes up SO early!  He came into our bed between 4 and 5 this morning and laid there as long as he could stand.  He finally tried to start making conversation and asked, "Dad? Would you like your back scratched?"  He scratched Tyson's back and said, "That was sure good of me to scratch your back huh dad."  Needing a little more sleep, we sent him downstairs to watch TV.  We heard something scraping against the walls and realized he was coming upstairs with his wings on.  We told him to take off the wings so they wouldn't wake up Callan, but he promised to just walk sideways.  He went back down and came back up in 5 minutes with a jar of nuts and whispered,  "Hey mom.  I just thought you might like some cashews."  Hmm I was definitely not thinking about Cashews at 5:30 in the morning, but thanks.

Callan is learning sooooo much so fast.  He is starting to talk like crazy.  He says "love you mom" which melts my heart and won't go to bed until he gives "brother muah."  He loves to count how many binks he has in his crib and LOVES to clean (today he stained the carpet blue with Windex and pulled out every single wipe in a Clorox bottle.)  He will eat anything if you clap and cheer for him and is still such a lover.
This week I have noticed so many little moments where Tyson and I just look at each other and smile because we think our kids are so cute.  We can't even stand it, we just love them so much. 

1 comment: