Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thankful Things

We had a great Thanksgiving!  Tyson forgot that he had to work that day.  We planned on spending the day in Payson, but since he had to work I decided to spend the morning at my parents'.  It was nice to get to see some of the Idaho family.  Easton loves playing with his cousins (who are actually my cousins... :)

We picked Tyson up in Orem and headed to Payson around 2.  Steve and Arlene had a huge spread of food!  Everything was great!  We brought these rolls and printed out things we are thankful for on parchment paper to roll up inside them.  It's safe to say Easton and I ate most of them and we enjoyed finding all the "thankful things."
 We spend the afternoon sifting through Black Friday ads trying to decide if we were going to head out.  We found a few things at Walmart and since they opened at 8PM on Thursday we decided to go.  Hayden, Arlene, Tyson, Callan, and I all went while Easton and Steve watched Shrek.  We got everything we were after!  Memory foam bath mats, batman pjs and slippers, and a memory foam mattress pad.  The deals started at 8 and we were out of there within 10 minutes!  It was great!

Friday morning Tyson had to work, but when I woke up at 7 I ran over to Smith's Marketplace to see if I could pick up a few other things.  Even though they opened at 5 AM, I got everything I was after there, too!  A TV wall mount, play kitchen, legos, and fur lined kids crocs.  (My neighbor mentioned the other day that we are such a "Croc family."  She is so right!  Never realized it before...)  So glad the Pages got me into this Black Friday stuff!

{Some of these things are obviously gifts so be careful what you say!}

That night, the boys and I went to dinner at Noodles & Co. with my family from Idaho and California.   From there we went downtown to see the first night of the Temple Square lights.  The boys enjoyed the nativity outside thanks to grandpa holding them up over the enormous crowds.
All the grandkids (+my kids - the greats)
 My fam minus a few

We have so much to be thankful for!  Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment