Saturday, March 5, 2011

Our Comedian

In case you haven't noticed by now,
Easton is SO funny!

He cracks me up every day with his smart comments. I know I have portrayed him as quite the little monster lately (which he is:) but he still makes me laugh and I can't get enough of him. He can count to 10 and sing the alphabet and Cougar fight song all by himself. In case you're ever needing a laugh, he also knows all the words to Whiskey Lullaby and Friends in Low Places courtesy of his dad (including the words cigarette and champaign which make me cringe and laugh hysterically at the same time.)

Just look at this face. During the week when he wakes up I usually put him in front of the TV and try to go back to sleep for a half hour or so. When I get up he is almost always wearing:

This hat...
these boots... (and they're boots NOT shoes)
and either socks or gloves on his hands.
Sometimes this get-up means he's a pirate, sometimes he's a hunter, and sometimes he's a "fighter fighter" (fire fighter). But no matter what he is, he's cute.

He really struggles with the the words "to" and "for". Any time you would use the word "for"he uses the word "to". ie:

"Mom, are you looking to me?"
"I got a cookie to you."

I'll tell Easton to say, "I got this for you." And he'll repeat back, "I got this to you." We've gone over and over it and it feels like My Fair Lady. The rain in Spain falls mainly in the plains:)

The other day when he woke up from his nap he was a little incoherent and was stuttering. He couldn't get his words out in a way that made sense so he just stopped in mid-sentence and said, "I have no words."

Yesterday we went to a movie and I told him to stay right by me so no one takes him. He said,
"Someone will take me mom?"
"I don't know, they might."
"And I will have no life?"
Where does he get these things???

On the way home from the movie he was spitting at Collette the whole drive and after asking him to stop over and over I said, "Easton I'm going to pull this car over and slap your hand if you do that again!" He put on his snottiest voice and said, "It's a Jeep mom not a car."

He's very particular (borderline OCD if you ask me) about everything from the seam on the toe of his sock being crooked to telling me who I can and can't talk to. This picture was taken from my cell phone while he was asleep in the car. He's not really this deathly yellow color, but it gets the point across. *Note - it was 60 degrees outside.
WE LOVE HIM!

3 comments:

  1. I want a boy just like him. I love hearing the funny things he says!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Easton's funny comments. He is such a little sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I will have no life " comment made me laugh out loud! Hope he is full of funny things to say tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete