Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Dimple Dell and Antelope Island

This is a catch-up post from the weekend before Callan was born.

Friday we went to Dimple Dell with Aunties Kennedi and Collette so they could swim with Easton. I've never been so irritated as I was when the sweet little teenage girls at the front desk told me I had to go home and squeeze my hugely pregnant body into a swimsuit because Easton would not be allowed in the pool with 12 year old Kennedi even in a life jacket. My mom stayed with Easton who had to watch aunties swim without him through the windows while I drove home and found a very stretchy dance top. I can't say I didn't scowl a little at the life gaurds as I stood ankle deep in the kiddie pool in my embarrassing get-up.
Easton had fun.
Tyson had a list of a few things he wanted to do before the baby was born. One was to visit Antelope Island - this was the only one that was accomplished. We packed a picnic and drove up there on a cold windy Saturday to see the buffalo. When you get there you drive in a little ways and there is a fork in the road. We chose the left fork and drove and drove and drove without seeing any form of wildlife. When we reached the end of the road we were pretty disappointed and Easton was just done with the whole trip. We ate our PB&J's in the jeep because it was so cold and headed for home. On the way back, Tyson spotted these buffalo miles away and hiked half way up the mountain to get a decent picture all the way zoomed in.
He also spotted this coyote and hiked around after it for a while.
Of course Easton had to go potty so Tyson took him out to the weeds. I had to laugh because they were just out there enjoying themselves staring out into the beautiful surroundings and pointing at things as he peed. Boys.

When we returned to the fork, Tyson asked if we could try the right fork for just 5 minutes. I was pretty irritated and uncomfortable at this point (especially because the boys had been chowing down on jalapeno Cheetos the whole trip- ew they stink so bad) and just wanted to go home! But we tried the other fork. Not 30 seconds up the road what did we see?
Buffalo!
All over. Right on the sides of the road. Apparently we chose the wrong fork to begin with.
Our last picture as a family of three.
A storm rolled in very quickly so we headed for home. We thought it was so weird that there were coyotes sitting right out in the middle of the frozen lake. We ended up having a good time and I'm glad we got to have one last family outing.
And then there were four!

4 comments:

  1. If I still worked at Dimple Dell I wouldn't have made you get in with him. I'm ok with fudging the rules for people I like. Some people call my Clyde..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new springy look! Great pictures of Antelope Island.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that picture of the coyote that needs to be sent in for a contest out something! Crazy how fast life changes!

    ReplyDelete