Saturday, July 11, 2009

I looked out the window and what did I see?

First of all (this part has nothing to do with looking out the window), Tyson has been studying night and day this week preparing for his chemistry 2 test. He has worked so hard on school this summer. It took him 2 and 1/2 hours to finish 25 problems, but he got and A-! I am so proud of him! It's nice to finally see his grades reflect his hard work.

Anyway, after that he went to work and Easton and I spent the day at home. Around 4 the power went out and was out for over an hour. I thought it was strange that it had been out for so long from just a wind storm and I started to worry about or freezer thawing (I later learned that freezers stay frozen for days, so not to worry). Anyway, Tyson got home from work and we went to visit Grandpa Page in the hospital who just had a total knee replacement. We visited with him for a while and were happy to find him recovering pretty well.

We drove home from the hospital and as we turned around our little corner to get to our driveway, this is what we found...




Apparently it was sort of our fault the power had been out for so long. They pretty much cut back our trees to nothing. We'll be cranking up the fans for the rest of our summer since our shade is gone! And now when I look out the window I will see trees on the ground. Until Monday. Lovely.

3 comments:

  1. what the heck! wait who cut them down?? that sucks a lot. please bring me your child at some time before ten or after seven thirty. yes. i work every day for that long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I know that story all too well...They did the same thing to us when we lived there! They were a little nicer to the trees and left more than just the trunk! I am sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sucks! Was it Payson city that cut them down? Why?

    Can you guys do a game night this Saturday, I think at Casey and Kristi's but maybe at my house???

    ReplyDelete