Sunday, July 19, 2009

Weekend Get-Away

We had another fun weekend. My parents had a gift card to the Zermatt Resort in Midway that was going to expire soon so they asked if we wanted to use it for an early anniversary get-away. Well Easton hasn't been sleeping very well for about a month now. He's been up every hour at least once after 2:00. He also wakes up at exactly 6:00 every morning. So we REALLY needed a good night's sleep. I took Easton to the Dr. before we left just to make sure he didn't have an ear infection or something, but he was perfectly healthy. He weighs 21 pounds! Anyway, my poor mom was up with him every hour just like at home. It was hard to leave him but we were so grateful for a chance to sleep!
We had been laying out at the pool right before this picture but only lasted 20 minutes because it was so hot!
After we got home and picked up Easton we had game night at a ranch in Springville canyon where Casey works. We played a game called Pictionary Man which was just like pictionary but you draw on this little man made out of dry erase board. It was really fun. Here is Savannah drawing and Dan, Ben Lundell, Ben Ewell, and Casey guessing.
Easton came and played with Ace. He had a lot of fun. All the floors were tiled and he crawls really funny on hard floors. He hates to hurt his knees so he crawls on one foot and one knee.
Now when I say ranch I really mean a mansion for horses. They train quarter horses there I guess. Not sure exactly what that means but Easton loved the horses. He kept laughing at them but it was a really nervous laugh.
Casey wanted to show us how he'd been practicing cutting with the horses. Again, I'm not sure what exactly this means, but he was having the horse chase a stuffed cow and Tyson decided he would like to be the stuffed cow.


3 comments:

  1. That was a fun night! I have some way cute pics of Easton that I will give you copies of if you would like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! I can't believe Easton weighs 21 pounds! I weighed Mallie today and she is barely 17 pounds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah we do need to go the res, but you need to be able to last longer than 20 mins :) ha ha jk!

    ReplyDelete