Last weekend we got to go watch Aunt Kennedi dance at the Festival of Trees. She did a great job! I'm not slouching that much in this picture - she must be taller than me at 14! I think there's a good chance that I end up being the shortest of all the sisters...

We loved looking at all the trees. There are soooo many we couldn't get to them all. Callan loved the Mickey Mouse trees and Easton loved the super hero and grinch trees. There were a good amount of all three so I was in luck!
Callan trying to take Mickey home with us...
When we sat down to watch Kennedi, the group that was dancing before her was the "clogging grandmas." We all got a good laugh. I think Callan thought his own grandmas were up on stage because he was watching very intently. Luckily Kennedi's dance was the second number in their group. I was so proud of the boys for sitting still! After her dance we went to check out the kids corner. Easton saw a "bubble machine" that he wanted to do so bad! I dug out 4 quarters from my purse and we stood in line for EVER so he could do it.
After he was done we had to pick up Kennedi from her dressing room and Callan seriously cried for 30 minutes straight because he wanted to do the bubble machine too. I dug out another dollar in nickels and dimes this time and we stood in line forever again. When it was time to put Callan on the stool there were some verbally upset parents. As in what kind of mom would put her one-year-old on a stool in a pool of water... I seriously wanted to turn around and tell them to can it. He's the one who wanted to do it!
And he LOVED it. Talked about it all night. "Bubble! ME!"
For family night this week we tracked down a copy of "The Elf on the Shelf." It's a hot commodity here in Utah county so Grandma Cook had to pick one up for us in Sandy and bring it to us. Easton named our elf "Sprintzer." We think it's fitting. Sprintzer watches the kids every day and goes back to the North Pole every night to report to Santa. Every morning, the kids get to find him in a new place. One morning he hid in Easton's underwear drawer and Easton just can't stop talking about how funny it was.
We hope they make it on the nice list!





haha I love that you let Callan do it. Best face ever
ReplyDelete