I'm so glad a neighbor posted this quote on her blog last week. It has been so helpful to keep in mind lately, especially on days like today. The boys have been sick and Tyson has been studying so hard for his last test before winter break. I've been working a lot and it has been hard!
Callan has an awful cold and croup. He is so congested that he can't suck on his binky AKA can't sleep. Friday night he was up all night. At least he was happy. We just played downstairs for hours until I couldn't take it any more and hit the Benadryl around 4AM. Saturday we both worked all day and had a neighborhood get-together that night. Tyson called me to ask what the boys should wear to the party and then quickly called me back to say, "never mind we're not going." Easton was throwing up so we just tried to get things under control and went to bed. We were all up all night. Even Max. He tore apart his dog house outside and since it snowed and he was soaking wet, had to sleep inside. It was a long night and we were so tired in the morning! We talked about our options.
Tyson suggested putting the kids on KSL. We both agreed to just keep on keeping on. Tyson left for work and I got to spend the day with the kids. Thank heavens for the ladies who took my Sunbeam class. I was actually feeling a little grateful that the kids were sick, because life doesn't give you very many opportunities to just sit and hold your babies! Easton and I watched "The Lorax" while Callan had a nap. Speaking of which, "did you know the Lorax can fly by holding his butt?" says the oh-so-knowledgable Easton. Sure enough. He can.
Tyson suggested putting the kids on KSL. We both agreed to just keep on keeping on. Tyson left for work and I got to spend the day with the kids. Thank heavens for the ladies who took my Sunbeam class. I was actually feeling a little grateful that the kids were sick, because life doesn't give you very many opportunities to just sit and hold your babies! Easton and I watched "The Lorax" while Callan had a nap. Speaking of which, "did you know the Lorax can fly by holding his butt?" says the oh-so-knowledgable Easton. Sure enough. He can.
Tyson came home and we sat down for dinner and Callan started puking. We somehow got through dinner even though the kitchen smelled like puke, bathed, and loaded up in the car to take a drive to see Christmas lights. They're finally asleep, and I should be too. I'm sure tonight will be fun! Christmas break can't come soon enough!





This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI guess I can personally testify to the truthfulness of your posted quote. I remember being a stay-at-home mother of small children. I remember thinking that my name was no longer "Karen", but "Mommy. I remember thinking that I used to be smart and have intelligent conversations...but that as a mommy, my conversations were limited to answers to "why" questions. Well...they tell you to be careful what you ask for. I got what I asked for, and it isn't at all what I thought it would be. I LOVE my time with Ric...but I miss our kids as kids. Thankfully, grandchildren began arriving as children continued to leave and we ADORE our "Grands". It will go more quickly than you can imagine. Enjoy every minute of your "why" discussions! BTW...Logan would like to know when he can have a play date with his friend, Easton???
ReplyDeleteThey need to have a play date! I hear Logan's been sick too:( Tis the season I guess. We'll try to plan something!
Delete