Monday, August 27, 2012

Happy Birthday Aunt Kate!

Last week we got to help knock down some walls and later a ceiling in Grandma and Grandpa Cook's kitchen.  Easton thought it was a great time.

 Callan was a little apprehensive at first, but he caught on.



Since their kitchen is out of commission for who knows how long, we got to celebrate Aunt Kate's 21st birthday at our house.  I had to take a picture of the lovely centerpiece.  I asked Tyson to take Easton out on an expedition in search of wild sunflowers.  They grow in fields all around our house and right off the road so I thought it would be fun for them to just go grab some.  Before they left Tyson asked, "you mean the kind out in the grass right here?" Thinking he meant the tall grass in the fields, I said yes.  He asked if I wanted the stems long and since I was putting them in a mason jar, I said no.  10 minutes later they came back with a styrofoam bowl full of about 50 dandelions.  Just the heads.  No stems.  I think I stared at the bowl forever trying to figure out if he was joking!  He wasn't:).  I laughed and told them to try again.  Tyson said, "Let's go East.  We got the wrong kind" and Easton said, "That's because she told us to get sunflowers dad."  It was so funny!  They succeeded the second time.

Trace came too!  So nice to have him home.




Happy Birthday Aunt Kate!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks court! Dinner was so good and the cake was amazing! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Once in a lifetime experience (lets hope) for your boys! That will look great at your parents house with the wall down!

    ReplyDelete