Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Skater & Superheroes

This is skater - Easton's favorite bath toy. I would even say he's Easton's first imaginary friend. Every day when he gets in the bath he searches through his massive bucket of bath toys until he finds Skater. The whole bath revolves around Skater's adventures.
Skater is really a water pump that came with a set of horses and fences, but Easton thinks it looks like it's on a skateboard. Therefor it turned into a person named Skater. I love hearing him tell me all about the funny things Skater did in the bath each day.
I've been meaning to post this for a long time...sorry Kelsey! Aunt Kelsey sewed Easton this cape! He has had a thing for super heroes for quite a while now. He even has his own song that Aunties made up, "Easton is a super hero, Easton saves the world!" It has a catchy little melody, too. We find ourselves singing it a little more often than we should!


And of course in Kelsey's true over-achiever style, it's double sided.
We really enjoyed the warm weather we had last week! We even got sunburned! The smell of sunscreen made me SO EXCITED FOR SUMMER!!! Too bad it's been raining non-stop for the last 4 days...

Easton, Tyson, and Aunties flew this Buzz Lightyear kite.
Easton and Tyson went on a hike one day to a pond and Easton loved throwing rocks in!
Easton, Callan, and I also visited Wheeler Farm and Temple square. We went to visit Grandpa Cook in his office and he was able to take a break and come walk around Temple Square with us. I was glad to have him, especially since Easton had some extreme energy that day!

Yesterday Easton threw up three times in 30 minutes. It was so weird because I ate all the same things as he did. We went to Subway, and he fell asleep on the way home. I put him in his bed and 5 minutes later he was screaming because he was throwing up and didn't know what was going on. It was so sad. He was really pale and weak for a few hours after that, but seems fine now. I just had to throw that into this post because I think it is so weird how much sickness we've had lately! In the last year we've had tumors, pityriasis rosea (Easton's 3 month rash), hernias, pre-term labor, pink eye, RSV, and countless cases of cold and flu. I'm not sure what we've done to become so immunocompromised, but I'm getting sick of it! I'm about ready to buy into Noni juice or something. We need a super fruit around here!

A post wouldn't be complete without some good Easton lines. One thing he's been saying a lot lately is "else" as in someone else. He uses the word "else" in place of the word "rest."
ie:
"The else of the water isn't draining."
"The else of those kids are playing tag."
"I already ate the else of my dinner."

He's also been using the word "strange."
ie:
"The else of the water isn't draining. Strange."
I got some strawberry on my face. That's strange."

He likes to throw the words "you know" at the end of his sentences when he's trying to drive a point home.
ie:
"I am a super hero YOU KNOW. I save the world."
"I am a big boy YOU KNOW!"
"I dont't want to go to bed YOU KNOW!"

Another common sentence finisher is "that's why." Usually followed by something he "just needed" to do.
ie:
"How come you poked Callan?"
"I just needed to poke him. That's why. That's why I did that mom. You know."

"Why did you make this mess?"
"I just needed to. I like making messes you know. That's why I did that. That's why."

He's a crack up. He came into our bed in the night of course. Tyson left for work this morning and a little while later I woke up and Easton wasn't next to me. I sat up in bed and could see that the light in his room was on, but that was the only one in the house. Usually if he gets up he just goes right out to the TV and turns it on, but it wasn't on. I started to panic a little when I heard a tiny whisper, "Um mom, I need you to find Woody's hat." It took me a while to find him, but he was hiding behind the rocking chair right by Callan's crib. It was a little freaky actually and I'm not sure why he was there, but Callan was fussing a little bit so I don't know if Easton was the cause of that, or if he went over there to try to help. Anyway he led me into his room and got down on the floor and pointed to Woody's hat clear under the bed. "I just need you to get that hat, it's all the way back there. Then I need you to find Woody my cow doll and he's gonna say, 'there's a snake in my boot!' " This was at 6:30 in the morning! He was acting so weird! He must have dreamt about Woody - we watched Toy Story yesterday when he was sick. That's the only reason I can think he would wake up begging for a toy he hadn't seen in weeks or months!


One last thing, we have a new photoblog! Click here to check it out!



3 comments:

  1. If you find a super juice let me know! I'm with you I am so sick of our kids being sick!
    I love to read Easton's lines. You are so good to them down, they will be so fun to look back on and read when he is older!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to schedule some more play dates. The kid's best friend is a water pump. Man that's funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always look forward to reading your posts just so I can read more funny things Easton says! I seriously can't get enough. what a funny kid!

    ReplyDelete