
I just did a post about Callan, but I totally forgot something. I wanted to post about our cradle cap discovery. The night before Callan's blessing Tyson gave him a bath and scrubbed his head. Because of his cradle cap, all the dead skin got into his hair and I got so mad at Tyson for doing that the night before the blessing! We had a little disagreement because I thought you were just supposed to leave cradle cap alone and wait until it goes away but we did some research online and found out that you are supposed to scrub it. It also suggested a few different shampoos and one of them was Selsun Blue which we already had because Tyson uses it. The next week I washed his hair with the Selsun Blue and scrubbed it lightly with my fingernails and after just one wash his cradle cap was all gone! I've done this almost every day and he hasn't had any cradle cap or dry skin AT ALL! I think it's a miracle! So, you should try it out. Make sure you get the original Selsun Blue with selenium sulfide. I'd like to find out if it works for anyone else!




You know those little scrubby things that you used to wash your hands while Cal was in the nicu? The nicu nurses told me to use those when I wash Crew's hair to keep him from getting it. It works great! I just put the shampoo right on the scrubby and we've never had a problem! I have an extra if you want it, although, it sounds like you have it all figured out!
ReplyDeleteThank you for posting! I tried a couple differnt shampoo's and nothing is working. I have been scraping Elli's with my finger nail everyday and it keeps coming back. I am picking some up tomorrow for sure!
ReplyDeleteWe got this tip from the nurses when Kyelie was in the NICU. Just use a soft toothbrush with just regular baby shampoo. We have done that with both are kids and we never had a problem with cradle cap. Sounds similar to what Amanda does.
ReplyDeleteYep I agree with Amanda. The scrubby thing works great!! It has great coverage for their heads, fingernails just don't cut it when it comes to scrubbing their heads.
ReplyDelete