Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Kangaroo Zoo

Last weekend we called some friends and took the kids to Kangaroo Zoo. We had so much fun! Easton and Ace jumped around like crazy and got all their wiggles out before bed. It amazes me that these tiny little bodies can pull themselves up the huge ladders and everything by themselves!

Easton is totally fearless...it makes me a little worried!
Best Buddies
Rehydrating in the dinosaur's mouth

The babies were really good too! I love this picture of the proud dads. Just for the record, both dads thought we were going to an actual zoo exclusively for kangaroos. Casey thought Kristi was crazy when she told him it was indoors.

Casey and Van - Tyson and Callan
Moms
Saturday we celebrated Collette's 10th birthday. The weather was nice for a little while and Easton got to go on Grandpa's motorcycle.

Want some Easton one-liners? He has been really defiant lately. Tyson jokes that if you tell Easton the sky is blue he'll probably freak out and yell, "NO IT ISN'T!" just because he likes to go against whatever you say. In a typical day I probably hear all of these lines at least ten times...

"Just stop it mom!"
"I'm really sad of that."
"Stop talking to me!"
"I'm sick of this!"
"No! I won't! I won't do that!"

Actually most of the time he says them all together in a screaming tantrum. ie:

"Easton go sit on your bed, you don't hit mom like that."
"No! I won't go sit on my bed! I won't! I'm sad of that! Just stop talking to me! I'm sick of this! Just stop it!"

It's really funny. And hard to discipline. :)

3 comments:

  1. oh Easton- gets me every time.
    grandpa has a motorcycle?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm sad we couldnt go, will you guys go again so we can come! luke needs to start experiencing things like that and he needs to hang out with kids more, can you tell i'm feeling isolated haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha Easton and Ace are so cute!!! I love all the pics of them together :) And as always, the things Easton says crack me up! So...it is just me or would you guys wanna have a game night sometime soon??

    ReplyDelete