Friday, May 20, 2011

Mamma's Boy

My little Callan is SUCH a mamma's boy! He is a good baby, but he wants to be held all the time! He will rarely sit in his bouncy chair, high chair, or boppy, and if he does it's not for more than 5 minutes. He wants to be held - and not just laying on my lap or sitting on my hip. He wants to be held right up to my chest with his forehead touching my cheek. I think he's trying to make up for all the times in the first three weeks of his life when we couldn't hold him - and I'm ok with that:)

He still sleeps A LOT and already sleeps through the night! I was so bummed when he got RSV because he was doing so well at night. As soon as he got better he started sleeping through the night right away. I feed him around 10PM and he wakes up between 5 and 7 in the morning. It's awesome! I figure I deserve that after being up with Easton several times a night for 2 and a half years!

I just think Callan is so cute! Tyson thinks it's because he looks just like me. I've been trying to be better about taking pictures of him! I hardly have any! I took a whole bunch last week and ... long story short someone deleted them. So I tried to take a few yesterday and today.

First, here's some pictures of pictures of me.
I think I win the hair contest...
And here's our Callan. See the resemblance?
Ya, we know his belly button is huge:) About that, on Sunday Cal got us out of church a little early. I went to change his diaper right before the last hour and I noticed his hernia was dark blue. I tried to push it back in, which is usually does with no problem, and it was hard as a rock and bigger than I've ever seen it. I worked on it for about 20 minutes with no luck. It wasn't budging he screamed whenever I touched it. This was very unusual and we have been warned about the intestines getting stuck and "strangulated." I went and got Tyson. He worked on it for a while, but we knew we needed to take him in. I'm so done with Alta View Hospital so we took him to the Primary Children's extension in Riverton. We took him into the instacare and the receptionist sent us right back because they were afraid they were going to have to get a surgeon. The doctor came over and spent about 30 seconds pressing his intestines back in. She was pushing so hard, I thought his stomach was going to explode! It seemed like forever, but she finally got it back in. He hasn't had any problems since! (Well it's still there...I just mean it's not stuck anymore.)

Easton LOVES his brother and is so good to him. I frequently hear him saying, "It's otay Ta-win. Easton is here."
Fat Face
Mad Face

Such a sweet little thing! We love him!

3 comments:

  1. I don't think I have ever seen a baby picture of you! You and Callan look so much a like! I feel the same way about holding Crew, even though it was only a couple days in the nicu and a few in the billi lights I totally feel robbed! I secretly kinda like that Crew always wants to be held!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the chubs!! i still cant wait to hang out with you guys im not giving up hope that we can go to the park soon! so glad he's sleeping through the night you do deserve that whats the secret??

    ReplyDelete