I saw this cute idea for General Conference on brown paper packages and adjusted it to 2-year-old level. Easton and I bought these baskets at the dollar store and cut out pictures from The Friend. We taped them around the 4 baskets: Jesus, prophets/apostles, scriptures, and temple/family.
We filled the baskets with dollar store candy.
And every time Easton heard a "candy word" like "President Monson" he got to choose a candy out of that basket.
We bought all the stuff on Thursday and ever since, Easton has been asking me, "mom, can I watch the 'postles' now?" I would say, "Nope, not till Sunday" and he would say, "Ah man. I want a marshmallow right now though."
It was fun to hear him come running out of another room saying, "I heard temple! I heard temple!" It didn't last long, honestly. But he listened occasionally and I'd say it was a good start.
My sister asked me to guest-blog on her recipe blog,
Our Family TREEts. It's a pretty cute blog. You should check it out:)




Cute idea! Now you can use those every conference! I'm sure he loved it, and got him to really listen.
ReplyDeleteHow cute that you did this with Easton. I was planning on doing it in October when Chase is a little older with some changes, so I think I'll still your genius idea changes! You're such a cute mom!
ReplyDeleteCourt, you are the cutest mom ever!!! How fun are your ideas! And I would LOVE to hear about all your freezing recipes! I am always struggling to get dinner made when I get home so late. Freezing would be such a good idea! My next purchase....the ziploc bags and the pump. If you have any awesome recipes you guys love send them my way please! :)
ReplyDeleteI came across this blog while looking for some freezer meals, check it out... http://freezerfriendz.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteThanks for the freezer meals! I can't wait to try them!
This is a great idea! Teach them young.
ReplyDeleteI love that idea! And I love your sister's blog, I have never frozen meals before but I really am going to start now!
ReplyDeletePhew I don't know why it is hard for me to comment on your blog. I meant to leave this comment on your belly button post. I thought it was interesting because two of my sister's four kids have herniated belly buttons. One of them is 7 and has grown out of it. The other one is 5 and it is starting to diminish. I'm glad things are fine with your little guy. My sister made the most of it and I wanted to give you the link so you can see what I mean.
ReplyDeletehttp://geargang.blogspot.com/2008/04/sweet-carolinebaa-baa-baa.html
Pretty silly. At least her little girl was never self-conscious about her super outie belly button!
That's a really cute idea! Im gonna have to remember that for when little Nash gets a little older. I haven't seen you guys since we were both pregnant, you'll have to come and hang out with us when we have game nights!
ReplyDelete