Saturday, April 2, 2011

April Fools?

Callan doesn't have to have surgery after all! (If you don't know what I'm talking about see the previous post:) I met with the surgeon yesterday and she showed me how to push all the intestines back in and feel the actual whole in the muscle. The hole is called the fascial defect and Callan's is only one centimeter. It has to be 2 centimeters before they'll consider operating on it. She said the fascial defect is the only thing that matters. The size on the outside just depends on how much pressure he puts on it, gas in his stomach, etc... So that's good. However I think people are more concerned about him NOT having surgery than having it. I know it looks weird people, but it's better than going under the knife!

This morning we went fishing at Utah Lake and listened to the first session of conference. Tyson caught a nice sunfish on his first cast before anyone got there. And we never had another bite all three hours.

Easton, Cassidy, and Collette
Callan was not a fan of being outside. We took turns in the car with him.

Kennedi, Grandma Cook, Callan

Callan and his rolly face (Sorry Cal, I know it was a bad angle-not fair:)
Easton & Grandpa Cook going to "bam" some ducks.
Our friend Casey was heading to Cabela's just as we were driving home and happened to call and invite us. Such a coincidence since we were driving right past it. We went to JCW's afterwards.

Casey, Ace, Easton, Tyson
Ace is a month older than Easton and their new baby Vance is a week older than Callan. It was fun to catch up!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great day! Sounds like fun! YAY! for no surgery! Carter had an umbilical hernia as well. His didn't go away until he was probably about a year old. It's pretty amazing. As they start strengthening their tummy muscles by rolling, sitting, etc., you can feel the little hole in the muscle getting smaller until it's all gone. Isn't it crazy, though, how big that thing gets when they are screaming?! So glad to hear things are going well! I love Callan's rolly face! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you guys had a fun weekend. I love your different conference activities! You're a good mamma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad to hear there is not surgery, been there, done that a few times, wouldnt want any one to do it. Your kids are beautiful. We need to get together more than just once a year.

    ReplyDelete