Yep, my baby is sick. Both my babies are sick actually, but Easton seems to be on the mend. I took Callan in to the doctor today and they said he has bronchiolitis that is probably being caused by RSV. I am SO MAD because Callan was approved for one more Synagis shot in April and when I took him to the doctor he said RSV season is over and Callan wouldn't need the shot. That whole morning I planned to fight for him to get the last shot, but when the doctor dismissed it without even giving it a second thought I didn't have the guts to speak up. So now I'm mad and sleep deprived and full of guilt and just waiting for the next time Callan starts gasping for air and turning blue. It sucks, really. I'm just glad I worked yesterday and now I'm home for the rest of the week. Thanks to all my Easton helpers! :)
GIRLS DAYS 2019 - Riverton
4 years ago




Reading this made me sick to my stomach. I am so sorry! R they going to put him in the hospital? I would b so mad too, u paid for that expensive shot and he still got it. Please let us know if we can help.
ReplyDeleteNo, he doesn't have to be hospitalized thank heavens. They just gave me a prescription paper that basically says I can take him to the ER to get his nose suctioned any time for 7 days. They're hoping that will keep him out of the hospital.
ReplyDeleteThat's good but suctioning is the worst. I'm sorry that is no fun. Good luck
ReplyDeleteI'd probably write the Dr. a letter, explaining the situation. Perhaps he forgot that preemies are prime targets for RSV infections. Maybe at least he'd think twice before discouraging someone else to have the second shot. So frustrating!
ReplyDeleteI feel so bad baby Cal is sick! That is so frusterating! Please let us know if there is anything we can do! I hope he gets feeling better for his blessing Sunday!
ReplyDelete