Wedding week finally came! So happy for these beauties!
We had the wedding dinner Friday night at the Draper Day Barn. It was such a fun location and Trace's family had it decorated so cute. It was catered by Eat Simply. They brought a homemade brick oven and served yummy pizzas to each table. Each table had a theme of one of Trace & Kate's "firsts" with a little story about each one. We sat at the table with "Trace & Kate's First Answered Prayer." All the siblings had to bring a gift to put into a "survival kit" for the couple. We felt kind of bad because all of our gifts to Trace had to do with Katelin being SO LOUD! For instance, I brought ear plugs...
They had an AWESOME photographer and I'm so excited to get the pictures back! Here's a couple from the bridals/groomals. Aren't they lovely?
The wedding was Friday at noon and it was beautiful. Tyson left to school at 6 in the morning for a test. We weren't sure if he would make it to the temple, but he barely did! And he passed! Katelin was literally glowing, in part because of the sunlight streaming in on her face throughout the whole ceremony! The ceremony was beautiful and also unique (so fitting:) The sealer was inspired to re-perform the sealing as he felt he had left something out. Not many people can say they were sealed twice in one day!
After the wedding we ran to my mom's for Subway sandwiches. As we were eating Tyson realized he was supposed to work at 5. LUCKILY someone was able to step in for him! Tyson took the kids home and they all napped while I went to the reception center to help set up.
The reception was awesome. They rented the top floor of Noah's in Sandy. We always tease Katelin because when she was in like 7th grade she always used to brag about how many friends she had:) She is the most outgoing person I know, and I'm pretty sure everyone she's ever met was at that reception! I was afraid they were going to throw us all out for violating a fire code! In the main room they had the receiving line and tables set up for soups and breadsticks. The bride room was a huge conference room with a projector and screen for the kids to stay in! They loved watching "Brave" during most of the reception.
The other half of the floor was an ice skating rink! In that room they had a hot chocolate bar with all kinds of mix-ins and cookies. Everyone had a blast ice skating!
I'm so glad everything was perfect for this perfect couple! We hope they have so much fun honeymooning in New York!
As fun as the wedding was, I'm glad it's over:) This morning was the first morning we've been able to spend at home as a family in way too long. Love these boys!













Congrats to your sister! Everything looked/sounded beautiful! You boys are so cute, and I loved Cal's b day party idea btw, great job!
ReplyDelete