Friday, February 22, 2013

Bad Blogger!

I have been HORRIBLE at blogging lately.  I don't even think I've touched a camera since Cal's birthday.  That's a whole month.  I've been feeling so guilty because the little moments and the cute little things they say are slipping away!  Here's a quick recap.

We went out for frozen yogurt with our good friends the Squires.  They're moving to Texas next week and we'll miss them so much!
We had a chance to go to the Discovery Gateway museum.  The kids loved it!  The best part was when we went out on the roof to see the life flight helicopter.  No one else was out there because it was a little cold, but the boys were in heaven!  Tyson recently got a remote control helicopter so the boys (especially Callan) have been slightly obsessed.  We stepped back to take a picture and one of them pushed a button that made the helicopter sound like it was taking off!  They FREAKED.  OUT.  They both started bawling and screaming.  They were so panicked trying to get out but worried they were already above ground.  It was so sad/funny and Tyson couldn't stop laughing long enough to help them!
 Easton found this turtle costume and would not take it off the whole time we were there.  I was crossing my fingers he wouldn't get lice!
 Callan had his 2 year check up.  He's a happy healthy boy!
02/06/13
Weight: 26.68lb 49%ile
Height: 33.75" 25%ile
Head Circumference: 17.5" 50.25%ile
He is becoming quite a troublemaker.  I've posted before about his obsession with doing his hair.  Last Sunday morning I wanted to go back to sleep for just FIVE MINUTES.  Tyson was at work and the boys were happily playing downstairs.  Next thing I know I hear Callan say, "Mom, you help me?  My hand is stuck."  His hand was literally stuck in a jar of pomade and he looked like this.
On Valentines Day I had to work but I got some chocolate covered heart peeps for the boys and they didn't seem to notice I was gone:)  Tyson got me some power tools!  He is tired of me asking other people to cut things for me so he got me some saws.  So thoughtful:) 

Friday we had a Valentines Party at our house after the kids went to sleep.  We played the newlywed game and I think Tyson and I lost, but we had a really good time!

Last Saturday we went to see Cassidy as Miss Dolly Levi in The Matchmaker.  She did an awesome job as usual!
A couple months ago one of our neighbors got a new table and gave us their old one.  It was just a yellowy oak table, but it was way bigger than the one we had.  Ours was a small circle and it worked perfectly for a long time, but it also wasn't real wood and over the summer I set a crate of strawberry plants on it and the water cracked all the coating off of it!  So anyway, we got this new one and refinished it.  It took some time and we learned a few things in the process, but we love it!  Still a little afraid to eat on it.
That's all I got for now.

3 comments:

  1. The table looks awesome! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the helicopter story! I can just picture it...hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your boys crack me up. I was literally laughing out loud while reading the helicopter story and about Callin and the pomade!!!

    ReplyDelete