So I was doing my hair the other day and I heard Callan screaming downstairs, "MOM! MOM! MOM!" So I went running down to find him standing in a pile of blue play-doh. My thought process went something like this:
How did he get the play-doh off the fridge?....Why is he naked?...His legs are stained blue....Oh my gosh it's poop... Why is the poop blue?....MY CARPET IS BLUE!
It took me a few good minutes of serious confusion before I remembered that the day before, Easton caught Callan sucking on a tube of blue food coloring gel. I didn't think he had actually gotten any out! Apparently he did! It was kinda freaky.....and gross.
In other news...we went to Seven Peaks on Wednesday for the last time this summer. We went from 4-8 and it was nearly empty! It was great and the weather was great! We had Pizza and Dippin' Dots and had so much fun. The boys loved going down the slides together in the "alligator pool."
Have I mentioned that Easton NEVER looks at the camera?
Thursday night the boys got to go with BOTH sides of grandparents to the Mark Wills concert in Payson. They had so much fun eating ice cream bars and popcorn. Easton loved that he got glow sticks to bring home. They got to meet Mark Wills and he even gave them a guitar pick. The only thing Easton was disappointed about is that he "didn't get to sit in the big red chair because it was for lost children."
On Friday we went with Amanda and Grandma Page to Swiss Days in Midway. Isn't that the cutest back seat ever?
Easton spotted a Batman bounce house the second we got there so that was the highlight of the trip for him. We saw Tyson's Aunt Susan and her family, ate lunch, and had fun shopping around the booths.
On the way home we got a call that Old Grandpa Page was in the hospital so we headed straight there and visited him for a while. We spent the rest of the evening in Payson eating pizza and sushi. I'm sure you can guess who ate what.
Saturday, the Knowltons were in town from Idaho so we played at Grandma Cook's with them and went to see Madagascar 3. We determined that Callan is NOT ready for movie theaters and he and I left the movie and went to Walmart to get the grocery shopping done. Easton loved it though.
Tyson went dove hunting all morning and evening. It was nice to have a few hours of the backyard all to ourselves without the dog. The boys played in the sandbox while I cooked dinner and it was lovely. We put the boys to bed and Tyson and I started preparing our primary lesson. Easton snuck out of bed, saw what we were doing, and went to get his scriptures to read with us. He asked me to find the story about Nephi building the boat so we read that chapter before sending him off to bed for the fourth time.
It was a special moment. :)
And this picture is out of order because I can't remember what day it was, but I finally took a picture at one of many neighborhood pool parties. The kids were all standing in a circle talking and eating their Otter-pops. They are such good friends!








haha was not expecting the play-doh to be poop!
ReplyDelete