Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Cook Family Reunion

Aunt Karen's family was in charge of this year's Ross & Katie Cook family reunion, and they did such a great job!  We had cousins come from Idaho, Colorado, Texas, Vancouver, and all over Utah.  It was really great to see everyone and get to know everyone better.  

On the first day, we drove to a church pavilion in Centerville for the day.  We checked in, received our t-shirts and personalized water bottles, took family pictures, and updated genealogy information.

The theme of the reunion was "1941" the year my grandparents were married.  The rest of that day we played old fashioned games like darts, marbles, tiddly winks, hula hooping, double dutch, hop scotch, pick up sticks, am I forgetting any?  We played a lot of games.  And it was HOT.  But it was fun.



Easton met his cousin Logan for the first time and they became fast friends.  Bet you can't guess why...


They went on many adventurous super hero missions and found themselves in trouble more often than not, but they had a blast.


After dinner we did some line dancing and took our exhausted selves home!


Day 2 was spent at Willard Bay.  Easton was in the water faster than I could even buckle his life jacket.  He had so much fun swimming with cousins Phil and Wade.


We spent a little time on Grandma and Grandpa's boat.



We ate some delicious food and then I put Cal down for a nap in the playpen under the trees which was heavenly.   The day at the bay definitely wore us out!


Day 3 began with a morning-side at the Pleasant Grove Cemetery where my dad's sister and 2 of our baby cousins are buried.  It seemed a little strange at first, but I think it turned out to be the perfect location.  Uncle JC gave a really great talk on holding to the iron rod and it was a perfect reminder of how important it is to be able to live with our families forever.

We all stuck little wire flowers around the graves and it looked really cute!




Before we left for the cemetery that morning I was trying to prepare Easton to be reverent and telling him about Grandpa's sister that had cancer.  Easton took it all in for a minute and then said, "Mom!  Just stop talking to me about this!  I don't want to hear it!"  I totally get where he's coming from:)

The rest of that day we put together team movies and finished up with a surprise 70th birthday party for my dad's oldest brother, JC.  It was a great time!

1 comment:

  1. So fun to see your pictures and to see you at the reunion!! Could you e-mail me the pictures you took of us when you get a free minute? brianandkaylacook@gmail.com

    I think Brian and I had most fun getting to know your family more. And I do have to say that we probably spent more time on your dad's boat then you did!! He wanted my nephew Dalton to get up on the wakeboard so bad and so we were out there for quite a while :). We should hook up again before we go to Texas!

    ReplyDelete