I can't say last week was all that fun for me! I worked every day except the holiday! Luckily a saint of a co-worker took my Saturday for me. By Friday I was spent! It was kind of a funny role reversal. Tyson was home playing Mr. Mom with the kids. I secretly enjoyed having him call me at work and tell me he was so stressed because nothing was going right and the kids were crying and the house was a mess :) I'm just meant to be home and Tyson's just meant to work. Those are the roles in our family. But we do what we can while we have to:) I think both of us gained a greater appreciation for what the other spouse does all day.
Monday morning we had the house looking spotless by 10 AM and things were great. We loaded up and went to 7 Peaks with Tyson's best friend Seth who was here from Canada and his family. We had so much fun that I was a half hour late for work. Oops...
For Pioneer Day, Tyson worked and my friend Cami and I took our boys to the Days of '47 Parade downtown. I took a picture, but it is mysteriously no where to be found. It was HOT and super crowded. Not ideal for our double strollers. But we thought, "we can totally handle this for an hour." Well the parade was three hours long and the boys weren't even watching it. We spent a good hour and a half trying to find a place wide enough for our strollers to cross the street during the parade so we could ditch out then walked and walked and walked and walked (like Pioneer children) until we finally called Tyson to look at a Google map and find our car. We remembered we parked by a church but that was about it. About an hour after we ran out of water we found the car and we had never been so happy to see it! We had a good lunch at Chick-fil-A and all had a nice long nap.
When Tyson got home from work we went to Sandy for a hot dog barbeque. Tyson and my dad went to the driving range for an hour or two and came home with fireworks. Easton loved watching dad light the fireworks and then running away as fast as he could!
Callan liked the giant sparklers, especially when they were used to chase brother.
Wednesday Tyson and Easton went up to Strawberry with Seth to fish on a Pontoon boat. I lovingly call Seth Tyson's "girlfriend" because Tyson just can't get enough of him. He let me know well in advance that this was his week to hang out with Seth. When he's not with Seth, he's on the phone with Seth. They are the best of friends and I think it's adorable.
Side Note: That night Tyson HEARD this spider running across a tarp in the garage. Sickening. Be glad I didn't make it big.
We've been spending a lot of our "spare time" (what even is that?) working on our yard. Tyson has got the grass growing pretty well, but now we are having issues with dog pee spots. Makes me so mad! We re-planted the garden, but the dog dug it up again. He drives me crazy. My neighbor gave me a tomato plant (after the first two got destroyed by the dog) so I planted it in the front yard where he couldn't get it. It turned out to be a cherry tomato plant and it actually grew! I don't like tomatoes, but I'm proud of my little plant!




No comments:
Post a Comment