Friday, July 29, 2011

Accepted!


In case you haven't heard, Tyson was accepted to pharmacy school on Tuesday! We are so excited! He will be attending Roseman University of Health Sciences (Formerly known as the University of Southern Nevada) at the South Jordan Utah campus and will graduate in 2014!

I happened to check the e-mail around lunch time that day and there was a mesage from Dr. DeYoung, the dean of admissions. The email didn't even have any text in the body it just had a subject that read, "Please call me at (702) 968-2006 to let me know if you are interested in accepting /or declining an admission offer. Thanks!"

I knew right away what that was about! At first I just e-mailed Tyson at his work e-mail because inside the hospital he has no phone service and can't check anything on the computer besides his work e-mail. But after a few minutes of anticipation I decided to call into the pharmacy directly. They transferred me to the IV room where he was and when I told him he thought I was joking. Like I would call you directly at work and make that up? He finally just said, "Oh my gosh. I gotta go." And that was pretty much the end of the conversation! He stepped out and called Dr. DeYoung back and accepted the offer.

So...we were looking forward to him taking a semester off this fall and having some time at home, but our lives are about to change drastically! He now becomes a pharmacy intern rather than a technician and will just work whenever he can get hours at the three hospitals he works at.

It's gonna be a crazy life, but in 3 years it will all be worth it!

7 comments:

  1. So happy for ya'll. Good news is always great news :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so exciting! Three years will go by fast. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! That is really exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Tyson! That is so awesome, I'm so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what exciting weeks for you, first a house now this!!! yay congrats way to go tyson!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so exciting! My good friend's husband is starting his second year in that program and I think he really likes it. Congrats Tyson!

    ReplyDelete