It's been a little while since the last update, but baby Callan is still doing really well! They call him a feeder grower now meaning he is totally healthy - he just has to learn how to eat and gain weight. He is in "stage 1" of breastfeeding right now. This means I get to nurse him once per 12 hour shift. If he nurses for 10 minutes it is considered a "full feed." He has to gain weight and have one full feed per shift for 2 days until he can move on to stage 2. Stage 2 is 2 feeds per shift, stage 3 is 3, stage 4 is 4, and stage 5 is eating on demand. He has to pass off each stage for 2 days before moving on. We have been working on stage 1 for 3 or 4 days and he has only had one full feed so far, but it's progress! They say stage 1 takes the longest to pass off.



So... if you do the math (which I constantly am) we've got at least another 10 days ahead of us. That's if he magically started doing full feeds every time. We're probably looking at a couple more weeks. We just have to keep telling ourselves we're so glad he's healthy!
A post can't be complete without some funny Easton lines...
"Mom, when Easton was a girl I pumped milk."
"You weren't a girl East, you were always a boy."
"No, I was a girl on Tuesday."
:)




We so love our baby Callan! One day at a time right? And just a reminder, Easton went potty on Tuesday also.:)
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, I thought Crew had a lot of hair... Callan's hair looks like it hits his shoulders! He's beautiful! I guess I need an Easton day sometime soon, I miss the funny Easton lines! As soon as Crew graduates from his billilights, I'm coming to visit!
ReplyDeleteCallan is adorable! Can't wait to meet him! I'm glad he is making progress, albeit, slow :) Easton cracks me up!!
ReplyDeleteCallan is so cute! I love all his hair! I'm glad he is doing well
ReplyDeleteLove the hair! You're in our thoughts and prayers here in the Cook household. I hope his feedings go well.
ReplyDeleteOh, he is adorable! I love the picture with Callen and Grandma! You should get that one blown up and framed for her! She would love it!
ReplyDeletealways enjoy the easton comments! and yay baby callan keep up the good work. love the pic of callan and dad so sweet
ReplyDelete