Sunday, December 19, 2010

Where does the time go?

I can't believe it's been two weeks since I've posted! We've done lots of fun things. I guess I just haven't felt like blogging lately! Maybe because I'm enormous and acid reflux is taking over my life:)

We've had such a warm December and we've decided we really like it this way. If it will only snow for Christmas! We had one snow storm and got a couple inches (maybe) of snow so Easton and I went to play in it. Well, he played and I waddled around after him with the camera.

He loves throwing snowballs,
and making snow angels.

This is how his smile looks when it's really bright outside:)

Hmmmm other fun things we've done...

We watched The Grinch one night (the one with Jim Carey because I thought that would be more enjoyable for the whole family) and Easton got to open up some presents early from Grandma and Grandpa Cook and Aunties. He got stuffed animals of the Grinch and Max along with the book. He sat and watched the movie pretty well but had some concerns about it. It was a little scary and sad for him. If you ask him why the Grinch is so sad he'll tell you it's because he needs more friends! I probably should have chosen the animated one.

We've wrapped a bunch of presents and I've been so impressed that Easton hasn't tried to open ONE! He totally gets the concept that he'll get to open them on Christmas and I love it!

We went to see the Forgotten Carols at Cottonwood High School with my family. My sister, Cassidy, was in the choir. Tyson and I thought it was a lot better than both of us expected. I thought it was going to be sad and depressing and Tyson thought it was going to be boring choir music, but we actually both really enjoyed it.

Easton and I went to Kennedi and Collette's Christmas dance recital yesterday. He loved watching the dances and applauded so politely for the first 10 dances or so and then he couldn't take it anymore. He had to get out into the aisle and dance. We got a kick out of him spinning around and kicking his legs up. After a while I heard him say, "I just touched that bum." Sure enough he was waiting for people to walk past him and smacking them in the bum! I had to make a few apologies and tried not to laugh as I wondered where he learned that.

Easton has had a lot of funny things to say about Christmas. We have loved teaching him Christmas songs because he learns them so easily! We got a "Little Drummer Boy" book from the library and now it is one of Easton's favorite songs. When we ask what song he wants to sing before bed he almost always says, "Come they told me." For some reason he especially loves the part that says, "Mary nodded" and asks us to sing that part all the time. We recently figured out that he thinks the little drummer boy's name is "Par rum pum pum pum." He also knows Frosty the Snowman, Jingle Bells, Santa Clause is Coming to Town, Away in a Manger, and Silent Night.

The other day he found some Christmas ribbon and wrapped himself up in it. He came up to me and said, "I'm Cindy Lou Who!" There is a part in the movie where the Grinch wraps Cindy up like a present at the post office. I can't believe he remembered it because it had been two weeks!

Also Grinch related... we were at Walmart the other day and I told him we needed to find a present for Kennedi. Easton said, "and De'yet (Collette)." I explained to him that we were supposed to get a present for Kennedi and someone else was "getting Collette's presents." He must have thought I meant someone else was taking Collette's presents because he looked up at me very concerned and yelled, "maybe the Grinch!"

One day I was singing, "I'll have a blue Christmas without you..." Easton stopped what he was doing and said, "Mom, I'm comin to Christmas!"

I'm sad that I can't remember all the funny things he says! He just makes our day with his comments!

We had the Page family Christmas party last night. Easton LOVED playing with his cousins! There was a lot of delicious food and we had so much fun with white elephants as always!



6 comments:

  1. As always, Easton cracks me up :) The pics you took to Amanda and Thomas look great! Hope you guys can stop by on New Years Eve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! He's so adorable. I can't wait to blog about our kids, then maybe our blog will be interesting lol. We loved your Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't stop laughing at all of the cute Easton comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope I'm not exposing you, but I'm pretty sure we can thank Tyson for the bum patting :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. loved your christmas card! and sorry your pregnancy has been rough its worth it in the end right?! cant wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sucks you have acid reflex...Im sorry! Not fun but we are almost done!!!
    I seriously love reading all about Easton, he is so cute!

    ReplyDelete