Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sledding

When we put Easton to bed at night we try to ask him a question or teach him something new as we are leaving the room because his little brain just starts thinking and it distracts him from us leaving the room. He just thinks until he falls asleep. I know it sounds weird, but it works for him. Last week we had been reading a Jingle Bells book before bed and we talked about how sleighs are like sleds. He didn't know what a sled was, but I told him the next time it snowed we could go sledding with dad. It snowed pretty much all day Sunday so we told Easton we could go for FHE Monday night.

Easton and I had fun going to K-Mart and picking out the sled. By the time Tyson got home and we got all bundled it was after 5 and the sun had set. We got in the car and had no idea where to go to find a hill. We decided to head toward the mountain and finally settled for a teeny tiny hill near a trail head. Tyson and Easton went down one time and they were done. It was dark and freezing and Easton just thought that was all there was to it. No need to go down over and over. He was content.
Cheese!
Some more funny things Easton has said lately:

Easton had some leg cramps or something and wouldn't walk on his legs one night. When they first started hurting he just stood in place and bent his knees and said, "How Easton walk mom? How?"

This morning on the way to church I said, "Easton you're goofy."
Easton: "Um no mom, I'm not goofy. I'm a boy."

We were walking out of the mall past Cold Stone and Tyson and I were having a conversation. I was holding Easton and he leaned over and tapped Tyson on the shoulder and said, "Dad? Can I have some ice-cream please?" He has learned that when he asks for things so politely he pretty much gets whatever he wants:)

On the way home from the mall he informed us that he is on his way to fame and glory. (Like the cougars.)

Something funny Tyson said last night: (he he he)

Tyson fell asleep while I was still searching for apartments online. He was asleep for about 45 minutes before I finished and handed him the computer cord to put in the floor where it was plugged in. He put the cord on the floor and turned back to me and said, "monkey see monkey do!" I laughed and he said, "Don't ask me where that came from. I just have that song in my head." I said, "Ok well I'm gonna remind you about this in the morning!" Of course this morning he couldn't remember it at all!

5 comments:

  1. Tyson was on a roll yesterday - even when he was awake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can never get enough of what Easton says, lol he cracks me up, so keep em coming! Dan says funny things all the time in his sleep then can't remember it the next morning too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i seriously hope that luke says even half of the funny things that easton says, never a dull moment with that boy is there?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those pictures! Easton is so funny, I love hearing all the cute things he says.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This whole post had me laughing. You should tell Tyson to get in touch with my dad sometime to discuss all of the awesome things they say while they are sleeping.

    ReplyDelete