Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Just wanted to say...

Happy Birthday! - to my sweet baby boy. Easton's birthdays have such a weird affect on me. They give me anxiety and make me want to cry.

We took away his binky yesterday morning so everything has been a little rough at our house. I had heard that you need to cut off the end of the binky so they know it's really gone. If I had just thrown it away without him looking, I know he would have been begging me to find it. I actually had Easton cut it because he's been really into cutting things lately. The breakdown was much worse than I ever thought. I've never seen him so sad and heart broken in my life when he realized that I couldn't "fick it." He threw a huge tantrum and was screaming at me for an hour. The funniest thing was he kept yelling, "No mom! We only cut fish! Like Bampa Page! Only fish mom!" He had just watched Tyson filet the fish his dad caught the night before:) So sad and funny at the same time!

He has done pretty well without it, considering. He hasn't napped yet, and getting him to bed at night has been a struggle which is annoying because he used to go right down for a three hour nap and down for bed with no problem at all. Makes me wonder if I really should have gotten rid of it! I think if we can get through this week we'll be alright.

Easton and I got to play yesterday morning on his birthday before I went to work. He was so good and makes me so happy. He wouldn't nap so I tried to let him cry in his crib for a little bit while I put on my make-up. When I went to get him I tried to rock him to calm him down. I wrapped him up in a blanket and started saying, "sh sh sh sh sh..." He lifted his head off my shoulder, slapped my face, and said, "Enough mom." He's so bossy! But so sweet at the same time:) When Tyson picked him up from my mom's around 8, he wanted to spend some birthday time with his boy so he took him to Cabela's on the way home and bought him a cute little Lynx stuffed animal. Easton fell asleep on the way home, but we had to wake him up to put a diaper on him. He had a total melt down and we spent almost 2 hours trying to calm him down and get him to sleep. He finally asked for his crib but told me I had to stay there and stand next to it and sing the BYU cougar song. So I sang a lullaby version of "Rise and shout the cougars are out..." for 19 minutes until he finally dozed off and stopped saying "sing again!" Oh the things we do for this child!

Here's a picture from our very first blog post 2 years ago!

8 comments:

  1. Each post about Easton seriously cracks me up! I love his fish comment. Where does he think of those things? Ha ha such a smart kid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe Easton is already 2 and that you are having another baby! It is so crazy! You are such a cute mom... where are your baby bump pictures? Have you thought of a name for the new little guy yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit... I always sing to Easton when he's in the car with me and no one else is around! I love singing to him because he is the only person who will ask me to keep singing! Over and over... That's how I know he loves me, because I am a horrible singer! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. i dont know why but this post kinda started to make me tear up, i think it was the last part about the things we do for our kids and being pregnant. your such a good mom! happy birthday easton!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH EASTON!!! Such a cutie!! Happy Birthday handsome little man!! And to you Courtney...you truly are an incredible mom!! Love you and LOVE your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. stumbled across your blog &just wanted to say, your family is so adorable! you are all so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy birthday easton!!

    hahaha his stories kill me! I love that funny kid!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Easton sounds so funny, I love the things he says!
    Malli has stopped napping since I took away her binki too, I was not sure if it was worth it, but we are adjusting now.
    Good Luck and Happy Birthday Easton!

    ReplyDelete