DECK THE HALLS AGAIN NOW!
I've been faithfully listening to my Christmas music since November 1st and when I heard this lyric from "We Need a Little Christmas" I knew it had to go on the blog:) I seriously love Christmas. I started getting Christmas presents in September so the Christmas bill didn't hit all at once, although I have recently noticed a problem with this strategy: I just want to keep buying and buying! Then it ends up just prolonging the spending for four months.
Anyway... I'm kind of sad that I left all my Christmas stuff in storage in Payson. I could go get it, but we'll be moving again at the end of December and I think I could do without the hassle this year. I've been trying to keep busy with things other than decorations to get us in the Christmas mood.
I finished all of our co-worker gifts really early. I will not be curling ribbon at 3AM the morning of the work parties this year. We needed 45 this year, and Tyson just informed me that he may need more - great. One of Tyson's co-workers used this phrase a few years ago and I thought it was cute.

I found the spoons at Walmart 5 for 97 cents and painted the ends of them. I'm pretty proud that each gift ended up being about a dollar. (Ya that's still $45, but remember I started buying muffins in September:)
I got Easton this cute "Santa's Little Helper" apron at work for a dollar. We had to make some chocolate chip cookies just so he could wear it. (PS - he has been doing the funniest smile for pictures lately:)



I got under our bed and blew the dust off of the only Christmas item that made it to Orem with us - the lights. Easton and I spent over an hour untangling them and winding them around the railing on the porch. We broke 8 or 9 bulbs in the process. I had finally wound all the way down the railing and was working my way back up when I broke another bulb. The empty socket fell into a puddle of melted snow and shorted out all three strands of lights. You would think Christmas lights could handle the snow?!?! So I waited a few days and kept stepping outside and plugging them in hoping that they would magically be fixed. Of course they weren't. Then I spent another hour sweeping up glass and unwinding all three strands and chucking them in the dumpster. There will be no lights this year:(

On a happier note, I found this awesome deal at Toys R Us! I got all these games for $12 total! Easton will be getting one of each for Christmas and I wrapped up the extra Candy Lands with some candy canes to use as white elephants or to have Easton give to his friends.
When we stayed at my mom's house last weekend while they were out of town, I went to the basement and started going through boxes in search of the old VHS tapes of Frosty the Snowman and Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer we used to watch over and over and over again as kids. I was so excited to find a box labeled "Christmas books and movies." However it did not contain any movies. I'm actually kind of surprised it contained the books. Labels are deceiving in that storage room:) Anyway, when my family got back, I found out they had already purchased a DVD set of all the favorite Christmas movies for Easton! I was definitely as excited (if not more) as he was!

He LOVES Frosty right now. My Grandma Allen gave him a Frosty book for Christmas when he was a newborn that plays the song and he has always loved it. This morning I heard him singing it..."Fwosty snowman was jowy happy so. Wif a cone bob bipe an button nose and too much ice cream makes us cold..." Doesn't get any cuter than that:)
I can't wait for Black Friday to pick up a few last items and get everything wrapped!




Ok I love Easton's song haha so cute! I bought those Christmas Classics DVD set last year because you just can't be without! Have a great Thanksgiving Courtney :)
ReplyDeleteI started my shopping early as well, and have everyone done but Dan, and it's exactly like you said...you just wanna buy more and more lol. Next year I prob wont start as early! Love the picture of Easton with the christmas lights. He is the cutest little singer! Happy Thanksgiving!
ReplyDeleteWhen I saw that picture of East cooking with "pants off" I started laughing out loud, at work! Talk about embarrassing! I love his songs! I hope I still get to be the baby sitter on Friday... Let me know!
ReplyDeletereading how excited you are for chirstmas makes me more excited for christmas. and i literally laughed out loud when i saw the picture of easton in his undies, he is so funny!
ReplyDeleteHis smile is seriously killing me! Will you make our co-worker gifts this year? Those are seriously the ones that are always last minute for me. And I do hate last minute! Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
ReplyDeletei am so happy to have a nephew ;). East you are the cutest nephew (yet). p.s. you are still cute i just don't like those things.
ReplyDeleteThe picture of Easton cooking in his cute red underwear is the best picture ever!
ReplyDeleteYou did get a steal on all those games, I need to get going!