So I'm driving along in a traffic jam on 13th East in Sandy heading south on a small road right after those huge bushes on 106th. I was in the right lane and there was a cop behind me. I was on the phone with Tyson telling him I was stuck in traffic and this cop was coming way too close to my car. I looked to my right and saw someone from my ward in Sandy, Curt Weaver, (who I didn't know was a cop) radaring off the side of the road. The cop behind me was driving like a maniac and came so close to my jeep that I almost rammed into the car ahead of me so I slammed on my brakes and the cop started honking and freaking out at me. I thought I saw him reach for a gun! So I threw my hands up and got out of the car. At which point he smashed into the back of my jeep. He was an idiot. He had called for back up (even though Curt was right there) so when I got out of the car I was surrounded by three cops yelling at me and one pointing a gun. The cop that was behind me asked why I put my car in reverse and tried to smash into him. Excuse me? I tried to smash into you?
I was outraged. I started really laying into those idiots. Why would I put my car in reverse on a jam packed, busy road? Why would I do it with a car centimeters away from my bumper? Oh and for the record, I haven't had a traffic violation in almost FIVE years! We had a heated conversation for about 10 minutes and I begged "Officer Weaver" to stop being such a baby and stand up for me because he saw exactly what happened.
The back-up officer jumped in before Curt could say anything and explained to me that they were "dental officers" which meant they made you do your time in dental work. ie: root canals, extra cleanings, pulling un-necessary teeth, etc...
I've never been so upset in my life.
As they were starting to put me in hand cuffs I threw a huge fit, the kind you see on Cops or truTV. I was kicking and screaming that I did not have time for dental work. Just then, I realized that there is a brake light out on the jeep!!! When I slammed on my brakes, the officer was only looking at one side and saw the white brake light but not the red one! I tried to explain it to them, but they weren't listening.
It was the very most frustrating DREAM I've ever had in my life! Which is why I've been awake for well over an hour and have now resorted to playing this mean trick on people and eating golden puffs on the couch at 4:30 in the morning.
You should hear the dream I had yesterday about my return to ballet class. I bet that was a site to see.
I'm telling you, this baby inside is a GIRL and she's DRAMATIC. Watch out world.




That is so funny that you blogged this because I told Riley yesterday that I hate when the sun goes down because that means it's time to sleep and I hate it because I have the most vivid scariest dreams, all of my dreams involve someone getting killed or something scary!
ReplyDeleteThe weird thing is that I never dream, except when I am pregnant and I have like 5 bad ones a night! I am glad I am not the only one!
Ok - I had to read this a couple of times wondering who was out of it.
ReplyDeleteYou got me.
Pregnancy - gotta love it.
haha omg i had only gotten through half the post and was freaking out so i started reading it out loud for shawn we were so confused! thats so funny. until i realized it was a dream i was proud of you for standing up for yourself to mean old cops! gotta love preggo brain!
ReplyDeleteI was getting so mad at the cops for you!!! I am sure glad it was just a dream lol. A girl!!! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteOh this is hilarious! I did the same thing as Jana. I started reading this and then started reading it to Ben and we both totally fell for your little trick. But I totally understand the weird dream thing. I have that so bad. I have the weirdest, most random dreams. Oh the joys of pregnancy. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd a girl would be so fun!
you just scared the crap out of me. I wish curt was a cop. don't do that again.
ReplyDeleteI actually though that curt was a cop after reading that sentence! I sure hope it is a girl!
ReplyDelete