Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Long Weekend!

We had such a fun weekend! Friday night we didn't do anything. I had to work for Kelsey so she could go to Idaho with my family, I know I'm so kind. But I ended up only being there for 2 hours because the traffic in Utah county is INSANE! It took me an hour to get from Orem to Spanish Fork. Anyway, Saturday we went boating with Tyson's family to Strawberry Reservoir. We only boated from about nine to noon because we had to leave so Tyson could photograph a wedding that night. It was one of the best boating trips though because the weather was beautiful and I decided Easton is at just the right age for boating. We just sat and relaxed and I didn't have to worry about whether he was too hot, too cold, thirsty, hungry, etc... because he could just tell me! He just sat there for most of the time and enjoyed looking out into the water. I usually don't consider boating trips relaxing, but this one was.
When we got home Tyson showered and took off for Sugarhouse park for the wedding. Lets just say he was wearing a white shirt and dress pants and was better dressed than the groom:) He did a great job with the pictures.

While he was gone, Easton and I got to go to the BYU game with my dad. I didn't even take any pictures! I don't know, but maybe it was the 95 degree weather, hiking up and down stairs 3 months pregnant and carrying 30 pounds. We spent most of the game searching for shade, or a fan, or an open drinking fountain. Not sure Easton is ready for full game status. It may be another season of half games. But we had fun.

Sunday we went to church, came home and fought with Easton for hours trying to get him to nap. He's not a big fan of naps lately. It was a really long day at home so by the end of the night we had sort of had it. There was a major wind storm outside so we took Easton out on the lawn to fly his duck kite. It snapped in half in its first flight. After extensive tape repairs, we could only get it to stay in the air for a few seconds. Easton thought it was fun.

Monday morning when I brought Easton into our bed around 5 he said, "Dad home! A not a work!" Funny how he could tell the difference between a weekend and a weekday. We slept in a little, did some cleaning and headed down to Payson for the annual lunch at Grandma Page's. Lunch was DELICIOUS, but that might just be because food is finally starting to taste good again! After lunch we took Easton to Onion Days. It was pretty much the same as other years.

We walked around the booths and spent too much.
We paid for a bunch of tickets so Easton could go on rides and found four left over in our pockets when we got home.
Easton missed his nap so he was a wild child the rest of the day. The cotton candy and coke didn't help I'm sure.

Definitely a fun weekend!

4 comments:

  1. This weekend would have been perfect for boating...jealous! :) Too bad we didn't run into each other at the park, maybe we could have talked each other out of spending money on cheap crap lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that you let him drink coke. haha! looks like a blast. i feel like last years onion days was like a month ago. time goes so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. easton just gets cuter everyday! cant wait to find out what you guys are having!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was nice to see you guys up at strawberry.We need to get together sometime.

    ReplyDelete