Easton has been wanting to be a baby again lately. It breaks my heart when he doesn't want to grow up! A week ago, he had a really bad day with the potty training. He peed his pants five times and every time I got him out of the bath and wrapped him in his towel he cried and said, "mom hold me! I'm a little baby!" So of course I held him pretty much all day and did whatever he wanted. But by the end of the night Tyson and I were getting pretty tired of him being so spoiled and demanding (my fault I know). He refused to eat his dinner so we made him go sit in his crib with no binks. That usually causes a huge tantrum, but this time he was totally silent. Tyson and I finished eating, cleaned up dinner, and did the dishes all in silence.

Tyson went to check on Easton and realized he had forgotten to take down Easton's basketball hoop that hangs on his crib. Easton had stuffed all six of his stuffed animals into his tiny hoop! And it had kept him entertained for a long time! He never did eat his dinner.
The rest of the week went much better. He had two days where he was completely dry. His favorite undies are his football undies. One day while he was wearing them he got his football and climbed up on the table to reach my hat that was hanging up on the wall. He came running down the hall yelling to me about his helmet and how he's a BYU "tooger."

Yesterday afternoon he wanted to wear a diaper and was pulling the "I'm a little baby" card again. So we let him wear pull-ups all day. When it was time to go to bed we fought with him for over an hour. He cried and begged to sleep in mom and dad's bed. Tyson finally brought him in and told him he could lay with us for a minute. Tyson started explaining to him that when the new baby is born it will sleep in Easton's crib and Easton will get a new big bed like mom and dad's. He did not like that at all! He started begging for his crib! I think he didn't want the baby to take it. He said, "Eason crib nite nite." So we put him in there and he was out like a light.
I guess I should enjoy my "little baby" as long as I can!




first off, you wake up way too early. second, that's really cute. don't use the new baby as a threat on purpose anymore though... he'll hate it when it comes out. haha!
ReplyDeleteGrama wants to hold him and rock him! He can be a baby at my house:)
ReplyDeleteHe must know something is coming! He played baby on Saturday too! We sure had fun on Saturday! Thanks for letting me play with him!
ReplyDeleteoh that's sad easton is just too smart! you guys are great parents and will you make sure to take great notes about your potty training so you can help me with luke's?!
ReplyDeleteEaston is such a cutie! Can't wait to see you guys at the Halloween party, it's gonna be great!!!
ReplyDelete