I've been trying to start Easton out on the potty training thing. I realize it is a little early, he's still only one, but he does pretty well with it! He has some bad days and some good days. I just try not to push it and let him do it on his own time. Recently he has started acting really silly on the potty and trying to put on a show. Hiding in the shower curtain, singing loud and ridiculous songs so I can't talk to him, etc... (Of course I took a picture to encourage the behavior.)

So I thought maybe I'd just try stepping out and leaving him in there alone so he can focus. It worked like a charm today! I guess I'm sort of bribing him because he has quite the variety of treats that he gets. He gets 2 skittles (which he thinks is 5) and a smiley face sticker when he goes. He likes to put his stickers on his tummy and follows me around for the next 10 minutes going, "mom! Wook, my dummy!" I also have a basket of $1 things I picked up from Target that he gets to choose out of when he poops. I can't believe I just typed that word. This is what boys do to you. Here's Easton displaying all his loot. He chose tiger sunglasses out of the basket this morning and is showing me his skittles in his hands.

Grandma Page bought him these cute pull-ups. There is a rocket on them that disappears when they're wet so I'm constantly asking him if he still has his rocket. Also, he's sort of a germ-o-phobe. I'm sure I did that to him. So he loves to use hand sanitizer after he's done and wave his hands around to dry them off. He says, "I kill da derms and fwy wike a bird." He's so much fun!




Let me guess, when you took that picture of him on your bed he said, "I'm naked!" ha ha I can hear it now! He couldn't be any cuter!
ReplyDeleteI've been waiting for him to choose the sunglasses! Best prize in the basket if you ask me. Funny. I don't think the word "poop" was even allowed at our house of girls growing up.
ReplyDeleteI still don't think we're allowed to say poop. better not let mom read this post. Good work East. You're a champ.
ReplyDeleteHe is so cute!!! That will be nice not to have two diapers to change here pretty soon!
ReplyDeletePlease come to my house and train Deryk also. That is my goal when school FINALLY starts next week. Crack down and get him trained. And I think every girl in the Cook family should write a comment on here with the word "poop" in it. Very liberating.
ReplyDelete