We got to spend spring break in St. George this year! I always hesitate to leave for spring break because sometimes you need another vacation to recuperate from a vacation! But my boss has a condo down there he said we could use. We weren't sure if we'd be able to go because of Tyson's surgery and then we found out we could only use the condo for one night. So we decided last minute we would still go and booked a hotel for the other two days. We drove down to the beautiful condo on Thursday morning. We spent that day relaxing and shopping. We got some cute Easter outfits and some other clothes and went out to dinner at the Cracker Barrel.
Friday morning we got up and got ready to go to the pool. Here's Tyson and Easton sharing a cantaloupe full of cottage cheese for breakfast and watching basketball.

Easton modeling his new swimsuit get-up. I'm a sucker for matchy things: swimsuit, swim-shirt, and monkey flip flops.

Easton and I went to K-Mart and got him a floaty car and he LOVED it! I thought he would be a little nervous about it because I don't think he's ever been swimming.
I was so surprised how much he loves swimming! We practiced swimming on his tummy and his back and going under water. He would even let me let go of him for a tiny second and try to float. He did so great!
Friday afternoon we left the condo and headed for the Pioneer Lodge at Zion's. This was the cheapest hotel we could find on Travelocity that didn't look smoke-filled (I have a problem with cheap hotels. I can't stand any trace of smoke). When we pulled in we got a little nervous because it looked tiny! We were afraid it was going to be a dive, but we were pleasantly surprised! Our room is very cute and clean and has a microwave and fridge which we didn't expect.
That night we drove through Zion's just to see what we could see. We tested out our new tripod with a family photo.
We could not agree on a place to eat that night and ended up at a Thai place that was not worth the money. We took Easton for his nightly drive at 8:00 every night since he doesn't fall asleep very well without his crib.
This morning we woke up and headed back to Zion's. Tyson has had sort of a hard time recovering from his surgery and has really been a trooper throughout this trip. It has been a little rough since he isn't really good for anything (no offense dear:) besides taking pictures. I did all the driving, packing, loading, chasing Easton, carrying backpacks, pushing strollers, etc... It makes me appreciate all the things he usually does for me!
It was really cold this morning so we bundled Easton up for our first hike to the Lower Emerald Pool.

After that, we had a picnic and let Easton run around for a while. We saw some horses and he went around telling us what a horse says for the next hour. He has been very vocal throughout this trip. He has been saying please and thank you and points to all the "jeets". Apparently he thinks everyone drives a jeet. (jeep).
After lunch we went and did a 2 mile river walk. Easton saw ducks and squirrels and got to throw rocks in the river at the end.



After our hikes we were so tired! We went for a scenic drive and found a place to park and nap!
I can't believe it's time to head home in the morning! It will be good to get back to the good old routine, but we sure have had a lot of fun!




That really looks like so much fun. Sooo makes me want to go somewhere just a little bit warmer.
ReplyDeleteAlso, when you become a mother, it is no longer fair for you to look like a supermodel in the pool. You are obligated to have wet frizzy hair and mascara running down your face. You must not have gotten the memo.
Looks like you've had your share of fun! Now come home to our too-quiet house so Easton can tell me what a horse says.
ReplyDeletewhat a fun little trip! and courtney you look like a model in that swimming pic! we miss you guys can't wait to see you sometime!
ReplyDeleteSounds like so much fun! That hotel you stayed in does look really cute! You'll have to let me know how much it was lol! Even though you had to do all the work this trip, Tyson did get some really cute pictures, so I am glad he was good for something :) Glad he is slowly recuperating after the surgery and that you guys were still able to get away and have some fun!
ReplyDeleteI am in desperate need of an Easton day!!! I can't even remember the last time I saw him! I love his matchy monkey outfit! I'm glad you guys had fun and that Ty is doing better! Can't wait to see you guys!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a lot of fun!!! Wish we could go down there and enjoy the sun. Stan and Mary have a condo down there and I am always jealous when they go down and "just happen" to call us and tell us how nice the weather is. I had no idea about Tyson and his surgery. I hope all is going well. We will add him and your family in our family prayers. Much love!!!
ReplyDeletehow fun! i am glad you guys got a get a way. you look so pretty all the time, even swimming.. are you kidden me :) lol. what a cute little swimming car. i cant bleave tyson was such a tropper :) it looks like you wore both of them out.
ReplyDeleteCourt your little guy is adorable! I bet he is just so much fun! I love Eastens swim suit I can't wait to take Linc to the pool this summer!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun VaCa! Cute pics!! Your little Easton is adorable!! I'm happy to hear Tyson's on the mend. I love Easton's cute little matching get up.. I'm a sucker for the matching goods too! AND I absolutely, totally agree with Emily.. you must not have gotten the memo! You're gorgeous!!!
ReplyDeleteHey great to see you and Tyson today! Sorry I was not able to chat much, so we will have to catch up! I am thinking a family BBQ soon:) Hope all is well. You look fantastic by the way.
ReplyDelete