Friday, February 12, 2010

Update on the Boys

Well, as far as my sick boys go, this week has not been much better:) Easton's rash looked a lot better for a day or two and now it is back to this.
I'm just so sick of it. I want him to get better! We've tried oatmeal baths, bleach baths, baking soda baths, lotions, steroid creams, benadryl, motrin (for inflammation), washed all his bedding and clothes. Nothing has helped. (Although I appreciate everyone's comments and suggestions!!!) Some things I haven't tried yet that I will probably attempt this week are primrose oil and switching to soy milk. I didn't go to church last week because it looks like my child has an infectious disease! The doctor has said that the virus it was diagnosed as is not very easily transmitted, but still. I'm guilty of looking at someone's kids and thinking "why on earth did they bring them here to infect my child?" So bottom line, I don't want to take him anywhere. At least (as you can see above) he is still a happy child.

Update on Tyson: I said in my last post that his results all came back normal, however the next day we found out that his blood calcium levels were high and that the doctor wanted him to go back and have his blood drawn again to have it re-checked. Normal range is 8.4-10.1 and his was 10.7. So this morning we got his second test results back and it was 11.9. Not a very good sign. We have been doing a lot of reading, and although we know we can't trust everything we read online, it is likely that he has a problem with his parathyroid gland (which controls the amount of calcium in your blood). Soooo.... not to worry, this is easily fixed. We are actually hoping for this because Tyson has been feeling so crappy for so long. We are dealing with a seriously bad bad bad doctor (who we only saw one time, the day we went to anyone who would take us when Tyson was having a fainting spell). So we've gotta find a way to ditch him and get to a specialist. The one we were referred to by a co-worker can't see him until March 8th. So we're hoping to find someone who can see him sooner and put him out of his misery.

Until then, we're just keeping up the normal routine! School-work-homework-up all night with Easton-School-work-homework-up all night with easton-etc... It's really not that bad, we have so much help from our mammas. Looking forward to a long weekend!

In other news, Tyson is still working on his photography and is doing a great job! He has some really cute pictures of some puppies on his photo blog if you haven't checked those out!

8 comments:

  1. you poor thing! are you and your boys ever going to get a break? eastens rash looks so bad :( i am so sorry i wish i had the answer for you. i hope all gets better with your hubby, that is so scary. you pic of you and easten at the end of this post is so cute! you are so pretty, and easten looks so grown up! i wish you all the luck in the world and hope all gets better real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Courtney
    I feel the same way. I hate taking bryatt anywhere because people ask is he okay. I had my friend watch bryatt for me the other day and told me about some creams. She done everything that we both have done and NOTHING helped her little girl, Her sister in law told her about these cream and it worked so i hope this is work for you if you want to try it. I am also going to try it. they are called.Cetaphil cream, Gentle skin cleanser and Eucerin cream. I hope you all get better fast.

    ~Ashli~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please, please let us know if there is anything we can do to help! We love you guys take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm sorry you guys are still sick! hope things get back to normal soon for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We hope Easton and Tyson start feeling better. Being sick sucks especially it being little Easton. One thing you can probably try is one of our friends was having troubles with a rash with their little boy. This will probably suck but they they stoped using dryer sheets and after they stopped doing that his rash went away. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is too bad for both Tyson and Easton! I hope things turn around quickly. I love the last pic of you and Easton together, it's a cute one!

    ReplyDelete