Ok so here's the deal. I went and had the scan today. Everything went really well. Unfortunately, I don't know for sure if there's a problem with the parathyroid or not. I'll have to wait for Dr. Riddle to figure that one out. But, I did discover that I do
NOT suffer from claustrophobia. In fact I completely fell asleep during the scan (even though I had a machine put about 1/4 an inch over my face for 30 mins). The only crummy part of the scan was that my nose itched the whole time and I wasn't supposed to move! For a moment I was able to forget about the possibility of dying from cancer because I was sure that the itch would kill me long before! Anyway, I got to see the results of both scans and I honestly couldn't tell what was going on. Here are some pictures of a typical sestamibi scan.

Here is what I saw on the scan. (nothing)

This is what I expected to see.
If there is a tumor it's extremely tiny, (which is good news) but if there is no tumor then my high calcium levels are coming from somewhere else. (which could be not so good news). The real good news is that we're leaving this joint and headed to Idaho for the weekend. Thanks for caring!
I hope they can figure out what is going on already, so you guys can fix it! Have fun it Idaho, and let me babysit Easton more often, k :)
ReplyDeleteHave fun y'all. I'll miss you. Oh and I'm glad you're alive Tyson. I'm a pretty big Tyson fan.
ReplyDeletei hope they can give you more good news! you're in our thoughts and prayers!
ReplyDeletekeep on letting us know what is going on, i hope they can call with some good news. have fun on your trip.
ReplyDeleteCourt! I am so glad you have a blog it is so fun to see what is happening in each others life! I'm so sorry to hear about your maybe tumer that is scary! hope every thing will be ok.
ReplyDelete