Thursday, February 4, 2010

So Sick of Sickness!

Ever since we moved in to our new apartment it has been one sickness after another! I shouldn't complain because I can think of a lot of people who have it a lot worse than we do! But considering that we are normally a healthy family, we sure seem to be having a lot of viruses in our lives lately! Around Christmas Easton broke out in a rash. It started out as one patch that looked like a big ringworm circle. It slowly started to spread and I just tried to treat it with antifungals and didn't think anything of it. Then, the night we moved in, Kelsey was throwing up, and that weekend I was throwing up. Probably more than you wanted to hear, but I haven't experienced that since I was probably 3. Then Easton's rash broke out all over his whole body. It was diagnosed as pityriasis rosea, a childhood virus that lasts about 3 months. Awesome. 3 Months. He hasn't been sleeping through the night at all since we moved in so we decided to start letting him cry it out. Again. I took cookies to the neighbors to prepare them. We let him cry for a couple nights. The third or fourth night he just would not quit. So we went and got him and he had a fever of 102 degrees. That makes you feel like a good parent. Letting your child scream while their blood is slowly coming to a boil. The fever persisted for a few nights and then came his turn for throwing up. That lasted about a week. My sister had strep so we thought we should get him tested. Although he had all the symptoms (fever, vomiting, red throat with sores all over it) his tests were negative. Then we thought the rash was getting better. And then it turned into this.

This is a totally different rash than it started out with. He had his 15 month check up today (where he got 3 painful shots) and the Dr (who we really trust) thinks it is just eczema brought on by the virus. The virus probably isn't gone yet either because it has only been about 6 or 7 weeks. 6 more to go:( In addition to Easton's sicknesses, Tyson has been feeling constantly dizzy. When he went ice fishing on New Year's he passed out on the ice and gave his friends a good scare. He has been feeling dizzy and light headed pretty much every day. So we took him to the Dr and the chiropractor and had some lab work done. He wore a monitor for 24 hours to check his heart. He's textbook normal in almost every way. I'm still trying to convince him that all he has to do is stop eating potato chips and ranch for breakfast:) I'm glad there's nothing seriously wrong with my boys, I just hope they start feeling better soon!

10 comments:

  1. Poor Easton! I am sorry he still has about six more weeks of that rash! And what is up with the rest of you?? Vomiting, passing out, strep?!! No fun! Hope things shape up quickly! And yes, I agree the group pic did turn out great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor little guy!! Poor all of you for that matter.

    I can see why Karen was freaking out now. Does he still have a temperature? I'm sure it's not Kawasakis - but what a scare!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap. let me know when everyone's better, I'll come over again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one right after another! I hope everyone gets feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sick and tired of being sick and tired! Sounds like that apartment over there needs a giant bottle of lysol, chicken noodle soup, and some airborne! I hope everyone is feelin better! We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gosh that doesn't sound like fun at all! i experienced my first sickness with Luke and it broke my heart because you feel so helpless! we can't wait to see your new place! and i need your new address! hope you all are feeling better

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope everyone is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Courtney

    I am Danny's cousin, My 18 months old son has the same problem. It started on this legs and then decide it wanted to go all over his body. Well my Mother in law told me to try Evening Primrose Oil. Austin and I have been putting that one him 3 times a day and giving it to him internally too. It is just a natural oil that can't hurt them at all. You can also try oatmeal and powder milk and just put that in his bath tub. I hope it goes away fast.
    ~Ashli~

    ReplyDelete
  9. First of all, that does not look like eczema at all. Shaylee has it really bad every winter. Second, you are probably really ready for springtime and no more sickness. And third, Josh said remember Windex cures everything.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh! How sad is that? Talk about trying times! Hope everyone gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete