Sunday, April 5, 2015

March Madness





We had such a mild winter.  It pretty much turned into spring in February and then we got a surprise snow in the beginning of March.  The boys were glad to finally get to use their new sled from Christmas!


We went with the Page family to see Tyson's pictures at the Bean Museum.  Casey, Ace, & Van came too!  His are the top ones.  He didn't win anything, but we had such a good time taking the kids to the museum!


Easton celebrated Dr. Seuss's Birthday at school with a read-a-thon party.  Later that week we went to the library's Dr. Seuss party where the boys listened to stories and made Horton hats.






We went tubing at Soldier Hollow!  Fin wasn't allowed to tube so we thought we could take turns pulling him around at the bottom, but he was hell bent on pulling a tube up that mountain!  He's the stubbornest baby!
Easton was so excited that he spotted an osprey nest.  He asked if he could get out and take a picture.  He probably took 100.
On the way home we stopped in Park City for new Nikes and dinner at Baja Cantina.  
We got to babysit baby Jack Jack!  Fin was sure to be right there in the action whenever I held Jack.  He even fell asleep by him for a minute!



Oh Callan and his dinner issues.  He sat at the table for over 2 hours with his soup!  EVERY dinner it's, "how many bites do I have to eat til I can be done?"  And every time, we say, "ALL OF IT!"  Lets face it, he never eats all of it.  
This is a dessert I made using only a sugar free yellow cake mix, diet Crush soda, and fat free cool whip.  I think it was 150 calories and it was GOOD.  I've been using My Fitness Pal for about 6 months on and off and have lost 8 pounds!  My mom and sisters have joined me in the last month and it's been fun to bounce low cal ideas off each other.  I post this only because it's really been a consuming part of life as of late.  I run a mile every day except Sundays.  I know that's not a lot, but it is for me!  I haven't weighed this much (...err this little) since pre-Callan so it feels good!
Tyson won the Delta Waterfowl Foundation's monthly photo contest and got a fun prize in the mail!
I took the boys to Fashion Place Mall to see the Lego Americana Roadshow exhibit.  They thought it was pretty cool!
Then we went to Grama Cook's and these boys got totally worn out!  It's not Grama's unless Fin comes home with a chocolate chip mouth!
The boys paid another trip to the dentist!  Easton got sealants and Callan got a filling.  Tyson took them cause I hate to see Cal get fillings!  Tyson said he was super brave!  I about died when I saw his smile afterward!
Then a few days later it was still way swollen and kind of hard.  I started to worry that it would be that way forever!  I called the dentist and they said he had probably just chewed on his cheek really bad when it was numb.  Sure enough it went away a couple days later.
Easton got his spring pictures done at school.  I took a picture with my phone and sent the package back to school just like my mother taught me. ;)
One Friday night I told the boys they had been really slacking on their chores and they wouldn't be allowed to play at all Saturday until they were done.  Saturday morning Easton was dressed and cleaning bathrooms before I was even out of bed!  He's such a responsible child!


Finally found a triple seater cart in this county!  I really needed one that particular day so that they could all be strapped down!
I got to go help my sick mom babysit Jackson and Isla one day.  They basically slept the whole time!  Tyson and the boys picked me up and we headed to Payson for the day.
Because my mom was sick, the grandkid sleepover got pushed back to a week when Tyson was working.  It all worked out because Tyson woke up early and ended up coming with me to the Family History Library.  I have been doing some work on my Grama Cook's line from Sweden.  I have about 75 names that I've found in Ancestry that need to be transferred into Family Search.  It's a little overwhelming!  So I needed to look up a record and I told Tyson it would just take a second and he could just hang out.  But the little old missionaries would not let Tyson go with me!  They made him sit down at a computer with them and work on his own family history!  He was a really good sport!  Temple square was absolutely beautiful!
Since Tyson was working all night and I was kidless I decided to re-caulk the shower at about midnight.  It had been getting NASTY.  I am embarrassed to say I had been smelling a gross smell coming from the bathroom and thought there was something wrong with the toilet, but as I got to scraping off the old rotted caulk I realized it was the smell of mold!  I about died.  It has been thoroughly bleached and is so clean now.
In the morning my parents brought the kids up to me so they could peak at the work we've done in the backyard.  They said, "wow someone's dad must have done a lot of work back here" and Cal said, "yep that was mine.  My dad did that."  They brought Jackson too so that Kelsey and JD could do some shopping at City Creek for her birthday.  Jackson got to come with us to the ward Easter Egg hunt and breakfast.  He was less than thrilled to be there, but he cheered up later in the day.  Fin was so confused, but loved all the candy!

These boys are pro Easter egg hunters!



I decided to get these boys some Easter suits that I found on clearance at Target.  And then Easter (today) ended up being on conference Sunday so they wore their suits to church a week early.  They looked pretty sharp!  Fin's jacket was drowning him.  He'll probably be able to wear it next year, too!


We have always wanted a Kelty Kids hiking backpack since we borrowed one from a friend 5 years ago.  I found one for a good deal on KSL and just decided to get it!  We went for a family hike to Birdsong Trail in Ogden Canyon.  It was fun and the boys love being out in nature.  Tyson hiked about 3/4 of the way then hiked back down and drove to the other side to pick us up.
Tyson is working 21 days straight right now between his own shifts and picking up days for other people and other pharmacies.  He's probably got about 10 days left.  He's such a hard worker and we are so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment