12/26/14 The boys were still a little sniffly, but wanted to play outside with their new sled. (Side note: when the sled was wrapped under the tree Easton was SURE it was a new ironing board!) Fin wanted to go outside so bad! But mom wasn't up for the cold!
The boys have spent tons of time doing artwork on their new table from Grama and Grampa Cook.
Callan. I don't know.
12/27/14 We took the kids to Newgate Mall to see "Big Hero 6." They loved it! We got there pretty early so the boys went for a ride around the mall on a koala.
Fin was TERRIBLE at the movie. I hardly got to see any of it. We planned the movie specifically around his nap time and he was soooo tired. He cried and cried unless I let him run around outside the theater. When we got home, Callan laid down on the couch and was just really lethargic. I took his temperature and realized he had a 103 degree fever! At that point I realized that Fin was also sick. I should have known by his behavior. He had a fever as well. Of course it was a Saturday night so I drove around forever searching for an instacare. I only took Cal since he'd been sick for so long. I told them it started out as what I thought was croup 10 days earlier and that he'd had a cold ever since. They did a nose swab and we found out he had Influenza A. Poor baby. Apparently the flu shot wasn't very effective this year they said. They gave us a prescription for Tamiflu. I went to Walgreens and waited over an hour with my sick baby for the incompetent technician to tell me that my insurance didn't cover it and it was $220. Lame! So after hours and hours I took him home to bed and loaded up on Motrin. When I got the kids to bed my throat and ears started KILLING me and I knew I was going down too! It was a rough couple of weeks!
Fin started out his sickness by being super loopy and wild. He was acting drunk and hilarious and oh so loving.
On a complete tangent we had a really bad wind storm and it snowed in the kitchen. You could stand at the kitchen table and feel the snow hitting you in the face! Our shower pipes froze cuz it got so cold. It was a big pain! Tyson heated up the house to 85 degrees for two days to thaw them out! Ugh!
Anyway, Callan very very slowly got better. Fin was getting worse and worse and we were up in the night with him having trouble breathing. By this point Tyson and I were extremely sick and it was so hard to take care of him! Tyson had to start another work week and I was so nervous to be stuck at home with sleeping kids if Fin needed to go to the ER.
12/30
The night of 12/30 Fin and I didn't sleep at all. I took him to the ER around midnight because he was having such a hard time breathing. I knew he needed a steroid. It took forever and ended up costing a ton. I wish I would have waited until morning and taken him to his doctor. I didn't even have a voice. I was whispering to the doctors and nurses. It wasn't fun.
Poor guy was so tired the next day he fell asleep in his high chair! This never happens!
We had lots and lots of sleepless nights! But he's just a sweetie and, after a week or two, we finally all got better!
We rang in 2015 hoping for a germ-free year!











No comments:
Post a Comment