Sunday, February 1, 2015

Christmas 2014

On the night of December 17, Callan started showing symptoms of croup.  He was up in the night coughing and wheezing and really didn't feel well.  The next morning was his preschool Christmas Party.  He was so excited to go especially since he had to miss the Thanksgiving party while we were in California. (PS while we were there we ended up at an instacare with Callan who had a double ear infection!)  He had his white elephant gift all wrapped and ready.  When he woke up in the morning he felt great.  His voice was barely there but I let him go to school!  I would feel terrible if I found out that any other kids got sick, but he wanted to go so bad!  He had a great time and felt ok.  I made him stay on the couch for a few days and rest.  The cough never went away but he's such an easy going kid that it was hard to tell if he was sick.  We had the Cook family coming over for a Christmas party the following Sunday and with the new babies I needed everyone to be well!  

Sunday morning began with Fin diving into his brothers' bath for the third time.  You'd think I'd keep a closer eye on him after it happening so many times!  It's hard because I can't shut the bathroom door to keep him out because I need to keep an eye on the ones in the bath!  Ugh!  There goes his Christmas outfit!
Sunday night the Cook fam came over for a pre-Christmas Eve party.  We had dinner and exchanged sister gifts.  We all pitched in to get my dad a Traeger.  He got to open it early since Kate and Trace wouldn't be there on Christmas.  And of course there were plenty of baby snuggles.  But not from my family!  We were still not sure if Callan was better or not.
We did the annual nativity.  I can't remember what everyone was... I'm thinking Callan was a shepherd, Easton the donkey, and Fin the angel?
 We joked about having two baby "Jesi" (like cactus -> cacti) but then decided Jack could be John the baptist.  

The next day Callan had a school field trip.  It was supposed to happen earlier in the month but had to be rescheduled during the break.  We went to a trampoline place in Syracuse.  Callan was still coughing and kind of moping so I wasn't sure it would be good for him, but I let them jump for an hour and they had a blast.  Especially Fin!  He was in heaven acting like one of the big kids.

On Christmas Eve the boys and I spent some time at the Cooks while Tyson slept.  The boys decorated some cookies for Santa and helped decorate the Santa tree.  We planned to see a movie but it was late and everyone was tired.  We decided to just go out to dinner.  The boys begged for Cafe Rio!  Smart kids.  After dinner we headed home for them to open their new PJs.  



Christmas morning was so fun!  The boys woke up at 4:30 and Tyson was right up with them!  He convinced me to wake up Fin because everyone was calling me a mean mom!

Here is Easton with all his loot!  He didn't know what to ask Santa for, but I think he did alright!  He got the little TV for his Sega downstairs.
Callan asked Santa for red sweat pants!  He's obsessed with his red clothes and only had red basketball shorts.  I wouldn't let him wear them in the winter so he decided to ask Santa for pants!  Pretty easy to please!
Finners has had so much fun with his lawnmower and duck and his baby animal songs have been a lifesaver!
He was ready for a nap by 8:00!
I got new pots and pans and knives!  Tyson got a Kindle Fire and a box of Kansas City Steaks.  

We headed to Payson and had fun opening presents and eating there.  We had to be home by 8 so Tyson could go to work.  We stopped in Sandy on the way home and were able to talk to Cassidy!  It was so fun and she looked beautiful.  I loved hearing her Spanish intonation in her English.

Tyson left early to get an hour of sleep before work since we had two cars.  It was a snowy and slow drive home but the boys and I made it and everyone slept nice and sound!  Another great Christmas!  We are so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment