Thursday, July 17, 2014

May


Ever since Easter Grama Cook had been telling us to check the mail for a special present.  On May 1st it came!  Tyson checked the mail late at night when I was getting my toes done.  He called me and said, "Uh... why do we have a box that says 'live tadpole or froglet?!?'"  That would be from Grama.  The boys got to open it the next day when they woke up.  They love their Grow-A-Frog.  Easton will tell you all about how it was made by scientists in a laboratory to have see through skin and can even do tricks.  Here we are almost three months later and it still hasn't turned into a frog but it's tiny legs are growing very very slowly...

I had a great 26th birthday!  The boys helped make sprinkle pancakes.


When I was upstairs getting ready, Easton came in and told me he had the perfect present for me - a Fiber brownie!  Such a thoughtful child. :)  Fin wanted to eat it up!
Tyson and I were able to spend my birthday looking for a new house.  We looked in Farmington and Syracuse.  We didn't find anything that day, but we were off to a good start.  It was great to just spend some time together.  We grabbed a quick lunch at Jimmy John's before getting home to the kiddos. 

Cassidy and Collette joined us for a Cinco De Mayo party.  We got free kids meals at the grand opening of Costa Vida.  Then we went home and made margaritas and churros.  The churros would have been good if they had been cooked just a minute longer!
 We listened to Latin music and did some Zumba!

The next weekend we got to go on a getaway to Vegas!  The boys looked forward to this trip for weeks!  It was a long drive, but we made it to the Silverton.
We went to the outlets for a while and then Tyson took the boys to the Tournament of Kings at the Excalibur.  Hayden and Crystal came too!  First they got to play some games just like the ones they walked past every day at the hotel:)  They won some prizes that they were really proud of!
While they were there, the rest of us went to the Cosmopolitan buffet.  I felt so bad eating there when I knew Tyson was eating a chicken with his hands!

We spent lots of time at the pool.  That was definitely the boys' favorite part! 

The pool was so nice.  There was hardly anyone there and they had lots of cabanas and places to relax and watch the kids.  We loved it even more when we discovered we could get poolside Cokes and virgin Pina Coladas!  We felt pretty spoiled!
Grama and the boys chillin in the hot tub!
We went to dinner at the Mandalay Bay buffet (I think... I get confused - they're all the same to me:) and we took turns going to Ka by Cirque du Soleil at the MGM Grand.  It was really cool!  I've never seen a production like that.  I don't know how they could come up with the staging and everything.

The next morning we went to a sacrament meeting in Henderson.  I got to hear my boys sing to me for Mother's Day and got a yummy cupcake too!  These boys are my favorite!
In May I was able to go back to work at Stone Drug to help out while a friend was in Thailand for 6 weeks.  It was good to be back!  I really do love working there.  Best coworkers ever!
It worked out perfectly because Tyson was done with his rotations and was able to watch the boys for most of it.  I missed my boys so much!  Having them home with dad helped a lot!  He made sure to send me pictures throughout the day.


After a few weeks Tyson was asked to work at the Coumadin clinic at IMC full time for two weeks.  This was such a blessing for us that they would call him back after his rotation and it gave us an opportunity to make some money while looking for a permanent job.  

While we both worked, our parents were both so helpful with the kids!  We're so lucky to have so many people to love these boys!

Bath time cuties!  Fin loves being able to sit up with the big kids!
Callan has a hard time saying words that start with TR - train, tree, track.  He tends to start them with a C instead.  For instance when he put himself in this hamper he told me that he "crapped" himself so Easton wouldn't get him.  (trapped... lol :)  I like him.
The boys got some summer haircuts.  Their hair grows like crazy!!

Katelin and Trace brought the boys these shirts back from England.  I love it when they match!
Callan had a nice wreck on his bike!
Easton got his first loose tooth!
Fin loves his brothers so much!  He thinks they're hilarious!
Callan told me when the fridge starts to shut on him he just does a tushy push.  "TUSHY PUSH!"
The boys went to their friend Ben's Mario birthday party and had lots of fun with the party favors!



Caught this guy trying to stand up.  He thinks he's one of the big kids!
Fin had a check up at the end of May.  He had had croup for a few days and wasn't feeling well so we didn't do his shots.  He'll get them at his 9 month appointment.  Other than that, all is well.


The last and biggest event in May was sending Aunt Cassidy on her mission!  Cassidy's farewell was a week and a half before she left.  We loved having Idaho cousins stay with us for the weekend and Cassidy did a great job on her talk! 





My dad decided to have his appendix rupture the night of her farewell.  It ended up being quite an ordeal with lots of infection.  He was admitted to the hospital all week and ended up going home with a PICC line and some serious antibiotics.  We were so glad he was able to come home before she left!
We were able to have a wonderful FHE all together where the brothers in law all told about their missions.  It was a really special time for all of us!  Tuesday night we all gathered to see her be set apart.  Tyson bawled like a baby after he said goodbye to her. ;)

I thought the boys would be asleep or I would not have put them in pajamas...
The boys and I were able to go to lunch with mom and dad, Kennedi, Collette, and Cassidy at JCWs and take some pictures at the Provo temple.  

It's been so great listening to Easton bless her in her prayers to "learn the language and share the gospel."  He's such a sweetie.  We love and miss Aunt Cass!  She is doing a great job!

No comments:

Post a Comment