Sunday, March 24, 2013

St. George Sunshine

A couple weeks ago some girls from the ward and I decided to go visit our friend Cami who just moved to St. George.  It has taken me forever to blog about our trip, possibly because I feel like I'm still recovering!  It was fabulous, but it was probably the most spontaneous thing I've ever done - and we planned it for at least a week.  It was especially nerve wracking because Easton was throwing up the two nights before we left.  The first night he threw up 6 times and oh my it was a long night.  We weren't sure we were going to be able to go, but we took a chance and he didn't throw up until we got home again! I had 8 loads of laundry to do when we got back!  8!

I borrowed my parents' Excursion and the boys all rode down in my car.  
Ben, Cohen, & Easton
(Callan was in the next row up)

It was a really fun drive.  I loved listening to the boys' funny imaginations.  They all decided to be nocturnal and not fall asleep the whole way there.  Except for Easton who was "noc-turtle."  Lucky for me, they all gave in for the last hour of the ride.

We were so happy to have Kelly's grandparents' condo to stay in!  We put everyone to bed and woke up bright and early to play.  We met the Squires at a really fun park.

moms reunited
super heroes reunited
 The weather was so nice while we were there!  We loved all the sunshine!
That night, the kids had a popcorn party before bed.
The moms painted nails while we waited for the kids to fall asleep so we could watch the Bachelor Finale.  I took one for the team and suffered through it:)


 The next morning we went to the splash park and even though it was a little chilly for swimming, the kids jumped right in!  The moms enjoyed "dirty" blue coconut Dr. Peppers and sugar cookies from Swig.  Callan had one taste and was hooked.







That afternoon I took everyone on a wild ride around the desert of St. George in search of the glitter mine but we never found it.  It was a waste of a couple hours and I felt so bad for having talked it up to the boys!  After being in the car for hours we went to dinner at Durangos and it was kind of a disaster.  The kids (especially mine) were totally out of control.  And that was the last time we ate out with 4 moms and 8 kids!

The next day we played at another park.  Callan found binoculars at the park and it was like a dream come true!


We got McDonald's and In n Out and went to yet another park to eat.  Cole and Callan played with ladybugs and when Callan got home he told dad all about the ladybug that Cole gave him!


Callan is obsessed with driving cars and would have spent the whole time in the driver's seat of "grama's big big truck" if I let him!


We had to leave Wednesday morning so I could be back in time for work, but the boys got to play outside together one last time.  They found a snail and were all amazed by it.  We managed to get one last group picture of all the boys and their snail.
The ride home was a little bit more rough because it was all during the day.  I was glad to have Kelly and Millie's company this time!  Cohen and Easton had to be separated by this point of the trip because they were driving each other crazy:)  Callan entertained himself the entire time with nothing but his cup of ice water from the gas station.  He was soaking wet when we got home, but it was well worth the mostly quiet ride!  Once again, the DVD players from Grandma and Grandpa Page were lifesavers!

holding Millie's hand and attempting to dip his toes in the ice water

...and this lasted all of about 15 minutes...
It was such a fun trip!  We hope we get to see the Squires one more time before their adventure in Texas!

3 comments:

  1. that is so fun that you girls went down! what a fun adventure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a cute post, lots of fun pictures and fun memories! -Lyndsey

    ReplyDelete