Tyson had a short break from school and we decided we really wanted to go somewhere! Unfortunately, he realized he had to work on the Saturday and Sunday of the break so that was going to prevent us from leaving town. We decided to just stay home, earn the extra money working, and do some fun family activities that we wouldn't normally splurge on. It started Friday night with the Jazz game. I don't even know who they played, maybe the Charlotte somethings? It didn't really matter. The boys were really excited. We went to like 6 different stores looking for toddler sized Jazz hats and there were none to be found. I fully intended for their messy heads to be covered by cute hats! It's the thought that counts.
For some reason they had tons of mascots. Not just the Jazz bear. The boys loved all the "animals." They also loved when the Jazz bear rode out on a Harley.
Nose Bleeds!
On Saturday Tyson had to work. I gave the boys hair cuts and we just hung out. I let the kids play with the couch cushions as much as they wanted. See, we were really going out on an adventurous limb here.
That night we had an indoor bbq with our neighbors. They have a newly finished basement and the kids love to be sent downstairs to play. The parents don't mind it either!
Sunday morning I received a new calling to be a Relief Society teacher. I can't say I was really thrilled about it, but it will definitely be a learning experience! After church we went to the Cook's for a yummy gluten free dinner and dessert.
Monday morning Tyson went looking for sheep/goats in the mountains. The boys and I went to visit Aunt Kate at the dentist. They got new Burg Pediatric super capes again!
Monday morning Tyson went looking for sheep/goats in the mountains. The boys and I went to visit Aunt Kate at the dentist. They got new Burg Pediatric super capes again!
Callan really enjoyed waiting for his turn in the velvety princess chair.
No cavities! It's a miracle!
Aunt Kate took us out to lunch at Chili's and then we went home for naps. When the boys woke up we took them to Build-A-Bear. They had a great time! Even though mom and dad were a little ticked at the employees scheming against the children to make us spend more!
Bat Monkey and Jazz Dog
Bat Monkey and Jazz Dog
We grabbed dinner at the food court and met Grandma Page, Amanda, Thomas, and Crew at the Springville pool.
All three boys were fearless and jumped into the pool over and over. It was all we could do to keep Crew off the diving board!
It was a great staycation! And we have lots of good ideas for the next one!








Sounds like so much fun! Your family is so cute!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun weekend! That is hilarious about the pink princess chair! Um, and teaching in Relief Society...yikes...good luck. I would hate that. You will do an awesome job!
ReplyDeleteso fun! you cut their hair yourself? can you teach me how! we went to burg dentist i didn't know your sis worked there. love that place!
ReplyDeleteI like your blog design. I wish we were still neighbors so you could help with my totally ugly one! :)
ReplyDelete