Monday, October 8, 2012

Conference Weekend

I'm kind of sad that conference weekend has already come and gone!  It was another great conference - although I did have a hard time with all the depressing talks about children dying and being abused!  I guess someone wants me to face the fact that that is the world we live in!  Other than all that - I thought it was great.  I especially enjoyed the talk about the honey bees.  The very best part of conference was when, for a few brief moments, my little family all snuggled together on the bean bag and listened quietly.  That's what it's all about!

Tyson woke up EARLY Saturday morning for the opening of the duck hunt.  He left for the lake at 3:30 AM!  Craziness.  He and Casey shot 3 ducks, but a hawk swooped down and took one (or so they say.)  I found the other two laying in the garage bleeding out their noses.  I didn't even know they had noses.  That didn't go well.  Tyson cooked them up for Max tonight.  He and Callan both tried some first and I think they liked it.
The rest of us woke up at 7 and got to babysit our neighbor's baby while they ran the Paws for the Cause race at our neighborhood park.  It was so sweet watching the boys take care of Arden.  Whenever she would cry Callan would point at her and say, "No!" just like he does to the dog.  Easton read her a story while I got Callan dressed and he felt like such a good helper.  We had a hard time getting things together to walk to the park and give her back to mom and dad.  At that point I was thinking there was no way I could handle three kids!  Looking back now it wasn't so bad.

The kids played at the park and I entered the raffle at the event to raise money for a boy in our ward's autism service dog training.  I won a gift card to Texas Roadhouse!  Woohoo!  I never win anything!  But more than anything it was fun to see everyone in the neighborhood united for a good cause.

We all got home just in time for conference and heard the announcement that the missionary age would be changed to 18.  My first reaction was, "No! That's one less year I have to spend with my babies!"  But really, I get that it will be good for the boys to leave right after high school.  Less time to get in to trouble, and maybe they won't have a year of horrible college grades that they have to make up when they get back...like someone I know... :)

One of my conference projects was rotating our 72 hour kits.  When we lived in Payson I signed up for 2 kits at a relief society activity.  I ended up having Easton that week so I didn't get to make them, but a nice sister in our ward brought them to me and I was so impressed!  Well that was 4 years ago!  And I had to throw out ALL this food because I hadn't rotated it since!  (Trust me, I tried some of it and it was NOT good!)  So my new goal is to rotate every fall conference.  Hopefully we can have a little picnic or something and eat our snacks from the year before.  That way I won't have to have any more melt downs while filling a whole garbage bag full of old food.
 Tyson worked Sunday so the boys and I went to my parents' for the first session.  It was nice having the girls to play with the boys so I could listen for a while.  We went home at noon and all had a nice long nap.  I got to watch the second session all by myself.  I mostly listened while I made these pumpkin spice cinnamon rolls.  They turned out so good!  I usually have baking mishaps so these must be fool proof!  We had some friends over Sunday night to eat them and drink crockpot apple cider.
Since Tyson passed his test Friday, he had the day off today.  He went duck hunting again this morning and was back in time to take Easton to football.  He got some good pictures and videos for me!
Callan is Easton's biggest fan.
Running it in for a touchdown!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Easton!!! Ha ha he looks so cute holding the ball and sneaking past the other kids for the touchdown! Those pumpkin cinnamon rolls looks DELICIOUS!!! Dan was pretty upset that he had to work when he heard that Tyson and Casey shot some ducks lol.

    ReplyDelete