Easter was really fun this year. We asked the Easter bunny if he could come on Saturday so that we could focus on the resurrection on Sunday, but it turned out the Easter bunny was really busy on Saturday. So Sunday morning I woke up sandwiched in my bed by my two boys as usual. Tyson was in Easton's bed enjoying a peaceful sleep. I sent Easton to wake up Dad so we could go see if the Easter bunny had come. On his way down the hall Easton found and egg that the Easter bunny had left and he was shocked. We woke up dad and headed down the stairs finding eggs along the way. Easton was so surprised every time he found one. He kept saying, "You're kiddin' me." He got chocolate and bubbles in his basket (which he shared with Callan). Underneath his basket there was an illustrated Book of Mormon story book. He was just completely shocked with everything.
After all that we got the kids bathed and I laid down on my bed and was out like a light. I woke up to the sound of the vacuum downstairs. Tyson had gotten the kids all ready, cleaned the house, and put Callan down for a nap. I have never slept so soundly in my life. It was so weird. I usually wake up to the slightest sound. We hurried to get ready for church and walked. It was such a beautiful day. The kids in sunbeams were on some serious sugar highs. We went outside to take a family picture and the neighbors were doing the same thing so we took turns taking pictures of each other. Can I just say I LOVE having great neighbors. I want to live here forever.
After church we went to Payson for some ham and funeral potatoes. They were delicious as usual. We loaded the kids up in the red wagon to head to "old grandma and grandpa Page's." Callan insisted on standing the whole way.
Callan, Crew, & Easton
We took turns riding the motorcycles around the lawn and enjoyed the beautiful warm weather.
It was pretty great. We got home that night and put the kids to bed and were up again within a few minutes with Callan. He was screaming and just rolling around like he was in so much pain. He has a terrible habit of doing this the nights before Tyson has a test. So I took him down to the couch and held him all night while he cried. The last time he did this, he ended up throwing up so I had a bowl ready and wouldn't let him drink any milk, but he never threw up. It was a horrible night and I felt so bad for him. I finally got him to sleep around 10 in the morning and my sweet neighbor offered to take Easton so I could have a nap. Once again, I am just feeling so blessed lately with my neighborhood and ward. We are so lucky. Callan slept for three hours and woke up relatively happy. I wondered if it was just teething (even though he pretty much has all his teeth...) but then I noticed a whole bunch of ear wax in his left ear again. I remembered that it had been there when he had an ear infection a month ago so I let Easton nap and scheduled an appointment with a doctor. Sure enough, the doctor said his left ear looked terrible. When I said, "I figured because of the wax pouring out of it..." the doctor said, "Oh, that's not wax. His eardrum is ruptured and it's the infected fluids pouring out of it." Terrible! I'm a little mad that the doctor last month didn't explain that to me when I told him about the "wax." Poor baby. He's got his antibiotic now so hopefully tonight will be a better night. :)




oh :( Baby Courtney.
ReplyDeleteLove Easton's "you gotta be kiddin' me" haha he is so great.
you guys are the cutest little family! sorry callan has had a rough couple weeks! lets play now that we are healthy and you guys are healthy!
ReplyDeleteYou guys have the cutest family! (I had planned on saying that before I noticed Jana just said it as well lol)! Poor Callan, that would be so painful! Glad he is feeling better. Easton's comment "are you kidding me" cracked me up!!!
ReplyDeleteOh man David's eardrum ruptured and he was inconsolable. I was so relieved when it finally ruptured and eased his pain. Mine rupture a couple of years ago and I swear it was worse than giving birth without meds. Poor little guy.
ReplyDelete