We finally got to hold our baby! We had never even seen him outside his little isolation bed so it was so nice not to look at him through plastic!
He loved to be held. He was so content and just slept peacefully. He seriously loves that binky. I love it because it should really help him catch on to nursing.
They started having Tyson and I help out with his "cares" when they change his diaper, brush his hair and gums, and take his temperature. After that I got to hold him and Tyson just got to help transfer him in and out of his bed. We were nervous to hold him because they just wrap up all his IV lines in the blanket with him so we have to be so careful! Hopefully Tyson will get a chance to hold him today! We can't wait to go back!




yay so exciting! i can't even imagine how good that must have felt to hold your baby. thanks for the tip about stroller trade-in!
ReplyDelete:) yay.
ReplyDeleteSo great! Keep up the hard work, Callan!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy to hear things are going well for my little guy Cal! I can,t wait to get my hands on him! Sorry I haven,t called to check in on him... My phone took a trip through the washing machine! I have a new one now, but no numbers. I'll get the hang of this new mom business soon!:)
ReplyDeleteawh cort he is so sweet! i am glad you have got to hold him :) i remember the days of bridger in the nicu those darn cords all over them makes it so hard to hold them. it sounds like he is doing great! dose he have to also pass a "car seat test?" where he has to sit in his seat for so long with out any oxagean on? i hope he gets to come home soon. i miss seeing you since i switch days. i am sure you have heard that i am prego also, i have been dieing to tell you or post it on the blog but i am trying to wait tell 12 weeks (its killing me) lol. i am so proud of easten and the potty! thats great! bridger is using the potty to, we are doing pull ups and i think it is going real well, cross you fingers for us :)
ReplyDeleteCourt! He is so precious! I hope he gets to come home soon!
ReplyDelete